EAA Community Outreach Guidelines
EAA strives to be a strong community partner by supporting charitable and cultural efforts within the greater Fox Valley area and other communities through activities such as:
- Providing in-kind support (i.e., museum passes, etc.) for local fundraising events.
- Partnering with other community non-profits to mutually strengthen fundraising efforts.
- Offering free community activities such as a regular speaker series that bring notable individuals to the Museum to highlight historical aviation events and milestones.
- Offering unique, interactive educational programs.
- Provide a more defined approach to responding to requests for support of community events.
- Develop a fair and easy process to identify, evaluate, and support efforts of the non-profit community.
- Develop a process that allows for tracking and quantifying impact.
EAA has established a staff committee to support these goals and provide community leadership.
At least six (6) weeks to the event date, EAA asks organizations to submit a letter detailing the use or purpose for the requested item or service. Letter should include:
- Date, time and other pertinent information
- Verification of Charitable Status
- Clear statement of request
- If seeking facility use, the application must list the event/activity format, anticipated outcomes, dates, time, anticipated attendance and other specifics
- Particular special needs
- Organization mission and background
Note: Applicants are encouraged to prepare a formal letter of request to accompany the EAA Community Involvement Application
Auctions, Raffles, Participation at an In-kind Level
EAA supports auctions, raffles, and other fundraising events sponsored by non-profit organizations based primarily in the Fox Valley region by donating items, experiences, passes, and other tangible items. Selection guidelines include:
- Applicant must be either a youth serving organization or school with an education focus, a general health/welfare organization, or an organization that provides community service programs.
- Applicant cannot be a lobbying group, strictly religious organization, or other associations with a mission that implies that EAA's endorsement or sponsorship of a controversial issue.
- Applicant must not have previously received a donation during EAA's current fiscal year (March 1 – February 28).
- Applicant organization must have support of EAA staff.
- The EAA Community Outreach Committee may request or require appropriate recognition and/or visibility from the requesting event or organization.
EAA will also support other community auctions, raffles, and fundraising events at the discretion/decision of the Community Outreach Committee.
Event Participation at a Financial Level
EAA has also created a limited fund to support community organizations seeking cash support. Such requests will be individually reviewed by the Community Outreach Committee.
Facility and Infrastructure Use
EAA will respond to requests for use of both the indoor and outdoor facilities in the following way:
- "No-fee usages" of the Museum, selected conference rooms, or other select areas of the EAA facility. Requesting organization will be responsible for set-up, clean-up, and other event related costs.
- "Reduced-fee" use of the Museum, selected conference rooms, or other select areas of the EAA facility. Specific arrangements related to set-up, clean-up, and other event related costs will be determined as part of the negotiation.
- "No-fee" use of the outdoor grounds. Requesting organization will be responsible for all incurred costs.
- "Reduced-fee" use of the outdoor grounds. Contract negotiations will detail specific areas and amount of reimbursement.
- Complimentary use of any EAA assets either on-site or transported to locations outside the EAA campus – decision to be made on a case-by-case basis. A final decision by EAA will include a review of the financial and liability impacts.
Such requests will be reviewed by the Community Outreach Committee, with input as needed from EAA senior management and necessary departments' heads.