Open Position - Air Academy Camp Counselor
Title: Air Academy Camp Counselor
Department: Museum and Academy Education
Reports To: Camp Director
Status: Full-time, seasonal internship
Location: Oshkosh, WI
A summer work experience for a inspiring aviation student. A Camp Counselor will give guidance, counsel, supervision and instruction to participants in the Air Academy Camp Program.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Air Academy participants in accomplishing support of the EAA Air Academy, Lodge, and the Pioneer Airport Operations.
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each week.
- Provide aviation instruction, orientation of ground school, technical shop and activities.
- Perform general cleaning of buildings, grounds, and aircraft.
- Move and secure aircraft.
- Receive and respond to visitors, crowd and traffic control.
- Support of the restoration and maintenance activities.
- Clerical, administrative and computer operations support of the full range of EAA and EAA Air Academy.
- Provides guidance, counsel, mentorship, and instructional of activities of the Air Academy participants.
- Know and understand all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers' safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Other duties may be required.
- Enrolled in post-secondary education. Preferably with a focus in aviation.
- Knowledge and interest in aviation
- Deal effectively, tactfully and pleasantly with volunteers, staff, program participants, and Museum visitors.
- Ability to work independently and in groups
- Ability to communicate and work with groups and provide necessary instructions to campers.
- Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
- Previous camp experience as a camp counselor or camper is a plus
Please direct any employment questions to email@example.com.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer