Open Position - Finance Intern
Title: Finance Intern
Reports To: Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis
Status: Seasonal internship
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Provide support to the cash receipts/accounts receivable function. Assist with the month-end close process, including the preparation and posting of journal entries and reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts. Responsible for the accurate transfer of information between multiple accounting systems.
- Import/export daily sales and collection information between the subsidiary and general ledger accounting systems.
- Aggregate deposit information and record in subsidiary accounting system.
- Prepare, evaluate and record journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Analyze monthly income and expense variances.
- Various additional projects as assigned.
- Required - Sophomore/junior student classification at a college or university with declared focus in accounting.
- Required - Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Preferred - Completion of "Government and Not-for-profit Accounting" course.
- Preferred - Previous work experience in an office setting.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Math/numerical/statistical skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
This position will primarily interface with other Finance staff members, the IT department and internal customers.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com.
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer