Open Position - AirVenture Hospitality Intern
WHAT IS AIRVENTURE?
"The World's Greatest Aviation Celebration" brings together EAA members and aviation enthusiasts totaling more than 500,000 from more than 60 countries to attend EAA AirVenture at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, where they rekindle friendships and celebrate the past, present and future in the world of flight. No matter what your age, you'll be entertained, informed, and thrilled by the countless activities available that reflect the spirit of aviation all around. You'll work hard, meet a lot of people, and occasionally enhance your sunburn.
Experience AirVenture with us. Your spot along the flightline is waiting for you.
The primary role of the 2013 AirVenture Hospitality Internship Program is for the interns to gain a working knowledge of everything that goes into the planning and execution of a successful AirVenture. In addition to this exposure, they will also gain working knowledge of hospitality management responsibilities by working in a variety of different roles during AirVenture week in one of many hospitality locations on the AirVenture grounds. This experience will provide the interns with an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge about planning, execution and managing large-scale events and guest services. This is a non paid internship opportunity. Depending on your institution's internship requirements, you could receive college credit.
HOSPITALITY AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY
- Chalets/Flightline Pavilion
- Exhibitor Window
- Aviators Club
- Innovations Gallery
- Partner Resource Center
- Food and Beverage Area
- Education and Interactive Zone
- Set-up/Take down of Events
- Exhibitor Lounges
- Special Events
Position length varies depending on each person's availability during the summer:
- Three days during AirVenture week
- AirVenture week (July 29, 2013 - August 4, 2013)
- Full summer (June-August)
- Exposure to interactive experience that relates to your degree; sets yourself apart
- Resume booster
- Major event planning experience (Air shows, forums, educational sessions, large events)
- Connections made
- School credit opportunity
- Experience AirVenture, the world's largest aviation event
- Accommodation opportunities may be available depending on length of internship
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in applying, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out an application listing Hospitality Intern as the position desired. For more information, please reach out to Michelle Farr at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer