Open Position - Business Relationship Manager
Title: Business Relationship Manager
Department: Donor and Business Relations
Reports To: Vice President, Business Development
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Oshkosh, WI
The EAA Business Relationship Manager is responsible for establishing relationships with new accounts and managing relationships with an assigned portfolio of existing accounts. Using sales, prospecting and customer relationship management skills, this individual will identify and directly sell new and existing business partners one or more of the following EAA offerings: advertising, exhibits, sponsorship and philanthropy. Further, this individual is responsible for management of relationships after the sale, in collaboration with various internal teams, to assist partners in maximizing the value received from our offerings.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary sales representative for EAA for the following:
- Advertising in EAA print and electronic publications
- Sponsorships of events and programs
- Exhibits at AirVenture
- Meet assigned personal sales goals, contributing to achieving the Business Development's Team goals established in annual budget.
- Collaborate with EAA's marketing, advertising, sponsorship, events, exhibits and donor development teams to develop compelling value propositions and execute fulfillment after the sale.
- Develop and deliver professional sales presentations both by telephone and in-person.
- Build new and foster existing business relationships with stakeholders and decision makers at all levels within the aviation and non aviation industries through personal sales, networking, prospecting, e-marketing and other marketing strategies.
- Maintain a professional sales attitude and teamwork, driving for results within EAA's organizational structure and culture.
- Manage monthly advertising insertions and materials for advertising sales in the territory.
- Identify creative methods to optimize sales campaigns to establish new accounts and grow business with existing accounts.
- Collaborate with donor development to identify and possibly facilitate the philanthropic development of certain business partners.
- Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- All other duties as assigned
- This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or public relations or related field. A minimum of 1-2 years of sales experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proven success in building strong customer relationships and achieving target sales goals.
- Solid computer and web skills. Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills required.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- Some travel likely, 10-20%.
- Aviation industry experience, pilot's license and/or experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
Foster Open Communication: Establishes communication vehicles, structures, and processes; interacts with people openly and directly; proactively shares timely information and seeks honest viewpoints creating an environment where people share their ideas and opinions, even when they disagree.
Think Strategically: Operates from a strategic perspective in own area of business; recognizes the broad implications of issues; shows openness to new ideas and perspectives; sees the relationships between people, teams, business processes, and outcomes; considers strategic issues affecting own area when making decisions; and creates strategies that balance long- and short-term goals.
Analyze Issues: Gathers and analyzes the most critical information needed to understand problems; probes and looks past symptoms to determine underlying causes of problems and issues; integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal solutions; detects inaccuracies or flaws in reasoning; defines reasonable alternatives to resolve problems.
Build Realistic Plans: Proactively develops goals and objectives to support the organization's strategic vision; identifies specific action steps, accountabilities, and timeliness for completion; prepares realistic estimates of resources requirements; balances planning with day-to-day demands; coordinates planning across functions and businesses; standardizes work process to facilitate planning efforts; plans for contingencies.
Promote Collaboration and Teamwork: Builds a team environment based on shared values; knows when and how to use a team approach for solving problems; effectively facilitates the group process; values the contributions of all team members; fosters give-and-take relationships; works to remove barriers to collaboration; shares credit with others; and celebrates accomplishments.
Manage Execution: Effectively manages time and priorities by focusing on highest priority tasks and working efficiently; delegate's responsibilities and appropriate authority to others; sets expectations, monitors the progress of others and holds people accountable; prepares for and facilitates productive meetings.
Know the Business: Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up-to-date; possesses and uses cross-functional knowledge.
Listen Attentively: Demonstrates genuine interest and empathy; listens patiently and carefully to input; correctly interprets nonverbal behaviors; clarifies others' points of view; and listens well in a group.
Make Sound Decisions: Brings to bear the appropriate knowledge and expertise in making decisions; considers alternate solutions before making decisions; bases decisions on sound logic and rationale; advances problems toward resolution when encountering ambiguity or uncertainty; chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing and available resources; makes timely decisions on problems and issues requiring immediate attention; makes sound decisions on complex issues and problems.
Show Drive and Initiative: Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity; is committed to the organization.
Speak with Impact: Expresses oneself clearly, concisely and effectively; adapts content and level of detail to the situation; prepares and delivers clear, well-organized presentations; develops a smooth, polished delivery style; and creates high-impact visual aids.
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer