Open Position - Manager, Membership Marketing
Title: Manager, Membership Marketing
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports To: Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: Oshkosh, WI
This position is responsible for the strategic and tactical development of the annual membership marketing plan to meet established membership goals through retention and acquisition efforts. The position will interface with all marketing and communication resources, drawing upon each as plans are developed and implemented.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility for the development of the annual membership marketing plan and associated budget. Participates in monthly business review process, as needed
- Primary responsibility for coordinating the development and execution of multi-channel acquisition and retention strategies and tactics to include testing and execution of prospecting strategies, messaging, understanding digital media tactics, on boarding new members, developing and testing new strategies for both join and renewal, analyzing new markets for prospecting, and developing join messaging.
- Functions as the primary interface with external membership marketing resources, establishing priorities, developing project plans and managing execution.
- Leads the relationship of membership marketing tactics with external membership marketing resources, marketing department resources, VP of Marketing, and Membership Services
- Provides oversight of the day-to-day renewal and acquisition process
- Works collaboratively with internal Marketing resources to support execution of acquisition and retention initiatives including creative, production and print/mail
- Interfaces with IT to ensure that necessary system and technical support is available
- Coordinates membership marketing efforts for member products and benefits
- Responsible for membership analysis and reporting including daily activity, weekly summaries, monthly analysis of results, trends, and summarize performance against plan and campaign performance analysis
- Develop, execute and analyze effective surveys
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or related field and a minimum of 7 years experience in marketing with responsibility for direct marketing. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience and proven track record in utilizing web-based and latest marketing trends
- Aviation experience either professionally or as an enthusiast is desirable.
- Previous experience and knowledge of AirVenture and EAA
- Previous experience in a membership organization
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Results Orientation: Ability to effectively apply resource, strategy and tactics to meet or exceed established performance metrics.
Analyze Issues: Gathers and analyzes the most critical information needed to understand problems; probes and looks past symptoms to determine underlying causes of problems and issues; integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal solutions; detects inaccuracies or flaws in reasoning; defines reasonable alternatives to resolve problems.
Attention to Details: Completes and maintains high level of accuracy of even the smallest aspects of assigned tasks; tolerates significant amounts of detailed work; consistently reviews work to detect errors; quickly and accurately identifies differences when comparing letters, objects, numbers, symbols and/or patterns.
Create Member Loyalty: Understands the member's requirements and expectations; delivers on commitments to members; provides value and ensures exceptional member experiences; seeks feedback from members; effectively recovers from mistakes; removes barriers to customer service; builds a member-focused team.
Leverage Innovation: Recognizes new ideas, gets behind them and makes them a reality; stimulates creativity and innovation in others; challenges the way it has always been done; encourage questions, feels comfortable talking about options that don't currently exist, refrains from cynical and negative comments and knows how to try out new ideas in a pragmatic way.
Make Sound Decisions: Brings to bear the appropriate knowledge and expertise in making decisions; considers alternate solutions before making decisions; bases decisions on sound logic and rationale; advances problems toward resolution when encountering ambiguity or uncertainty; chooses the best alternative based on consideration of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing and available resources; makes timely decisions on problems and issues requiring immediate attention; makes sounds decisions on complex issues and problems.
Manage Execution: Effectively manages time and priorities by focusing on highest priority tasks and working efficiently; delegates responsibilities and appropriate authority to others; sets expectations, monitors the progress of others and holds people accountable; prepares for and facilitates productive meetings.
Promote Collaboration and Teamwork: Builds a team environment based on shared values; knows when and how to use a team approach for solving problems; effectively facilitates the group process; values the contributions of all team members; fosters give-and-take relationships; works to remove barriers to collaboration; shares credit with others; and celebrates accomplishments.
Think Strategically: Operates from a strategic perspective in own area of business; recognizes the broad implications of issues; shows openness to new ideas and perspectives; sees the relationships between people, teams, business processes, and outcomes; considers strategic issues affecting own area when making decisions; and creates strategies that balance long- and short-term goals.
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer