Open Position - Membership Services Intern
Title: Membership Services Intern
Department: Membership Services
Reports To: Lead Membership Services Representative
Status: Full-time, seasonal
Location: Oshkosh, WI
The Membership Services Internship is designed to provide a student who is exploring entering an aviation related career the opportunity to gain experiences and learn about the different aspects of an aviation related organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide outstanding customer care and value for our members and other aviation enthusiasts by responding to their needs. Responsible for fulfilling and responding to Member and Customer requests and inquiries, via phone, e-mail, fax and in person.
- Research and educate members, responding to their inquiries on a variety of aviation topics, and directing them to technical specialists as appropriate.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of Memberships, merchandise orders, workshop and flight reservations within departmental service levels.
- Share information about additional products and services EAA has to offer with members designed to enhance the value we provide to members/customers.
- Responsible for investigating, resolving and responding to service issues, escalating issues to senior representatives when necessary, as well as logging service issues for Customer-concern database.
- Assist in the planning and execution of projects as assigned.
- Assist the EAA Welcome Center during AirVenture.
- Embraces and supports the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- All other duties as assigned
- Current student pursuing a college degree in a business and/or aviation related field.
- A passion or interest in aviation is required.
- Strong data entry skills and proficiency using Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, and ambitious.
- Strong customer service orientation
- A pilot certificate.
- Experience working with databases helpful.
- Experience in a fast paced office environment
Create Member Loyalty: Understands the member’s requirements and expectations; delivers on commitments to members; provides value and ensures exceptional member experiences; seeks feedback from members; effectively recovers from mistakes; removes barriers to customer service; builds a member-focused team.
Establish and Build Relationships: Relates to others in an open, friendly, accepting and respectful manner; viewed as approachable and shows interest in others; develops and maintains high-quality relationships with manager and peers; demonstrates style flexibility when relating to a variety of people and situations; uses formal and informal networks to get things done; identifies and cultivates relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization; builds and maintains appropriate contacts and networks with people in the industry or profession.
Know the Business: Shows understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps that knowledge up-to-date; possesses and uses cross-functional knowledge.
Learn Continuously: Engages in a continuous learning process by focusing on top-priority learning objectives; spends time each day on learning and development; reflects on both successful and unsuccessful experiences; learns from others’ feedback and ideas and transfers learning into next steps.
Listen Attentively: Demonstrates genuine interest and empathy; listens patiently and carefully to input; correctly interprets nonverbal behaviors; clarifies others’ points of view; and listens well in a group.
Show Drive and Initiative: Sets challenging goals and puts a top priority on getting results; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; persists in the face of obstacles; demonstrates initiative and sets high personal standards of performance; maintains a consistent, high level of productivity; is committed to the organization.
Show Adaptability: Works effectively in situations involving ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid change; demonstrates resilience and composure in trying circumstances; deals constructively with mistakes and setbacks; copes effectively with stress and pressure.
Technical/Functional Expertise: Keeps up-to-date on technical knowledge and developments; stay informed about industry practices, standards and trends. (Technical knowledge may include knowledge of how machines, tools and equipment operate); provides technical expertise and guidance in the field; accesses and uses other expert resources, when appropriate; and presents technical information clearly.
Typical office setting. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Please direct any employment questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer