Open Volunteer Position - Museum Docent
Title: Museum Docent
Reports To: Staff Liaison
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Provide inspiration and education to the next generation of aviators. To celebrate personal innovations in aviation and present the history of aviation and EAA's role in aviation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct guided museum tours of approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours in length.
- Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- Greet and welcome tour groups and visitors upon their arrival at the Museum.
- Provide information to museum visitors and answer questions while stationed in specific areas.
- Assist with special events, including AirVenture
- Distribute literature regarding the Museum and EAA programs.
- Rove the Museum to provide assistance to visitors as needed
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Participate in a minimum of two of the four hours shifts per month.
- Have a desire to educate and inspire visitors to the museum.
- Capable of speaking to large groups.
- Learn the history of aviation and of the museum collection.
- Must be physically able to conduct tours of the museum as needed.
- Participate in the Docent activities and training.
- Have access to email for training and correspondence.
- Must be able to provide their transportation.
- Able to accept supervision and follow direction.
- Prior knowledge or experience in aviation is not required but would be an asset.
To volunteer, complete the application form and submit via:
- E-mail: email@example.com (please include "Volunteering" in the subject line)
- Mail: EAA Aviation Center, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3086, Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer