Open Volunteer Position - Pioneer Flight Office and Tram Ops
Title: Pioneer Flight Office and Tram Ops
Department: Pioneer Airport
Reports To: Manager, Pioneer Airport
Status: Volunteer - Weekend/Weekday Seasonal
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Provides operational support for EAA's Pioneer Airport. Responsible for orderly administration of passenger flight registration in the Pioneer Office and/or regular tram driving between the airport and the museum. Pioneer Airport is a multi-task environment with a "team" atmosphere in which grounds volunteers are cross-trained in all tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Work with office staff, pilots, and passengers to coordinate passenger flight sign up and registration, and orderly upkeep of flight manuals. May be responsible for closing office at end of day and organizing records appropriately
- Attend required training programs.
- Maintain a safe and vigilant attitude towards all operations at the airport. Work with others to ensure that safety is paramount in each flight operation.
- Assist with upkeep and cleanliness of aircraft and grounds.
- Assist with various other day-to-day duties associated with the operation of Pioneer Airport. Examples of these duties include: passenger tram operation, office staffing for ticket sales, hangar maintenance, moving aircraft, general cleaning, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Flight line ground crew age requirement: 16 -18 years with written parental consent and medical release
- Must be at least 18 and possess a valid driver's license to operate motorized vehicles or motorized tools
- Must attend relevant training sessions
- Must be comfortable spending long periods of time outdoors (summer heat, sun, wind exposure.)
- Experience providing positive customer service is a plus
TIME COMMITMENT FOR VOLUNTEER ELIGIBILITY
We ask that all volunteers average a minimum of four days of service per month for the entire Pioneer Airport season, except during the 10 days when Pioneer Airport operations close for the AirVenture Convention, plus any additional training/recurrency requirements throughout the year. The Pioneer Airport season runs Friday through Sunday in the months of May, September and October and seven days per week from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Therefore weekday availability is especially helpful.
To volunteer, complete the application form and submit via:
- E-mail: email@example.com (please include "Volunteering" in the subject line)
- Mail: EAA Aviation Center, Attn: Human Resources, P.O. Box 3086, Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer