EAA Government Department Needs Chapter President Assistance
May 31, 2011 – The EAA government department is continuing to work on the issue of the FAA allowing nonprofit EAA/IAC/WOA/UL chapters to be able to pay reduced fair market value (FMV) rent for the hangar they rent or lease on their home airport.
To help, we need to determine how many chapters currently pay a reduced FMV rent for their chapter hangar. If you are a chapter president, please answer the following questions:
1. Chapter number:
2. Airport name and location:
3. Does your chapter rent or lease a hangar on the airport for chapter activities?
4. If yes to the above, does the chapter pay the airport authority a reduced rate* to rent or lease the hangar or the land it sits on?
(* Reduced FMV rates means that the airport management allows the chapter to pay a lower rent than normally charged to other hangar renters on that airport. We don’t need to know the amount you pay; a “yes” or “no” is what we are seeking for this question.)
5. Is your chapter organized as a nonprofit or not-for-profit organization?
6. If yes to the above, what type is it (example, 501(c)(3), etc.)?
E-mail your responses to Randy Hansen, EAA government relations director, at email@example.com, or call him at 920-426-6103 or 800-564-6322 (ask for Randy Hansen).
Thank you in advance for your assistance!