International Young Eagles Day Brings Smiles
June 14, 2011 – EAA members and volunteer pilots around the world took time on Saturday, June 11, to introduce thousands of children to the wonder of aviation through International Young Eagles Day. The Young Eagles program has always been a worldwide program, but for EAA chapters that held more than 150 planned events, each was its own unique local celebration of flight.
Here is a sampling of the media coverage generated from International Young Eagles Day:
- Chapter 46 (Lancaster, New York): WIVB-TV: “Kids Became ‘Young Eagles’ in Lancaster”
- Chapter 241 (DeKalb, Illinois): Daily Chronicle: “Youths at Young Eagle Flight Rally Explore Aviation Field”
- Chapter 323 (Sherman, Texas): Herald Democrat: “Young Eagles Program Helps Create a Passion for Flight”
- Chapter 402 (Newark, Ohio): Newark Advocate: “First Flights of the Young Eagles Program Thrill Its Passengers”
- Chapter 427 (Chico, California): Oakland Tribune: “Young Eagles Day Gives Chico Youth a Personal Experience With Aviation”
- Chapter 471 (Abilene, Texas): Reporter-News: “Program in Abilene Introduces Kids to Flying, Some for First Time”
If you have an International Young Eagles Day story you’d like to share, we’d love to hear from you. Send photos and reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.