Clarification on AirVenture Group Camping
February 7, 2012 - There have been some questions and concerns regarding the group camping option now available in Camp Scholler during AirVenture. The information below will help clarify a few questions regarding this additional camping option.
The Group Camping Agreement is designed for those groups that want the same exact spot, year after year. These group locations will be in a designated area of the campgrounds as to reduce the noise level produced by larger groups, which previously had a negative impact on other campers.
Items to clarify:
- The Group Camping Agreement option will in no way stop groups from coming in on a desired date to rope off an area, as a group, and begin paying from that day forward. Members will still be allowed to do that at any date they want, reducing their total cost. The only difference is that the location will not be guaranteed from year to year.
- The designated area for those using the Group Camping Agreement is located south of Lindbergh Avenue and west of Forest Home Avenue (hookup and handicap sites are not eligible). They will not have the choice of "any" location within Camp Scholler, where spots will continue to be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Additional highlights of the group camping option include:
- EAA personnel will mark and hold your area prior to the opening day of Camp Scholler
- The ability to expand or contract the number of sites from year to year (minimum of 20 sites)
- No long-term cost commitment; agreement simply kept in force through notification and timely payment
- Ability to negotiate additional amenities (i.e. on-site storage)
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or are submitting your group's inquiry along with a signed agreement.