EAA Chapter Speakers Bureau
1. Go to the Speaker Registration page at: http://speakers.eaa.org/speakersbureau-bin/public/register/ . Enter your e-mail address and password. Click on "Register for an Account."
2. An e-mail will be sent to you with a link to the web address where you will register your speaker information. http://speakers.eaa.org/speakersbureau-bin/speakers/nph-contactedit
3. Speaker Sign-In: Enter your e-mail address and password. Click on "Speaker Account Sign-In."
4. You will now be on the page "Speaker Information and Background." There are four main sections in the Speaker Information and Background form that you will need to complete: Speaker Contact Information, Speaker Background/Requirements, Speaking Locations/Availability and Speaking Topics/Expertise. Please note the following hints for completing these sections:
Speaker Contact Information
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed. Note this is the contact information that will be posted to the web for Chapters to contact you regarding possible speaking engagements. click on Update Speaker Information
Only the Background paragraph is required for this section. Please provide a brief description about yourself and your expertise. Skip the questions regarding if you are a first time speaker, if you have presented before, etc. You can complete question regarding Notice Required (example: 3 weeks) but skip expense reimbursement and honorarium. click on Update Speaker Information.
Select the states and/or countries you are open to considering traveling to for a speaking engagement. click on Update Speaker Information.
Select one or several Expertise Topics from the list of general topic categories that you plan to speak on. Specific program information will be entered in a later section. click on Update Speaker Information.
5. After completing all the sections of the Speaker Information and Background page you will need to proceed to the area of the menu to the left of the entry screen under the gray title block noting "Edit Speaker." You have already entered the Speaker Info/Background area. SKIP - the menu options for Representative and References. Select "Recent Engagements." This is the section where you will detail your presentation information.
PRESENTATION TITLE: Enter the title of your presentation
PRESENTATION DESCRIPTION: Enter a brief description of what information you will present.
EVENT/MEETING TITLE: Enter the location in which you presented this program (example: EAA AirVenture Forum) or leave blank
SPONSORING FIRM/INSTITUTION/ORGANIZATION: Enter the entity you are presenting if appropriate or leave blank.
AUDIENCE DESCRIPTION: Enter "EAA Members" or a description of your audience. This field is an asterisk (*) item so at a minimum, "EAA Members" must be entered.
LOCATION: Enter "Various."
DATE OF SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT: Enter a date of your last speaking engagement or let it default to the date you are entering the information.
After completing the above noted fields, click on "Update an Existing Speaking Engagement."
6. Next under the Edit Speaker gray box there is an option for "Photo." This allows you to attach a photo of yourself, an aircraft, etc. to your speaker profile. This is optional. If you do not wish to do so, skip to step #7. If you want to, simply select the "Photo" option and follow the steps of selecting the photo file from your computer files by browsing from your files, double click on the file name, and click on "Update Speaker Photo."
7. The final step is "Attachments." This is also an optional item that allows you to attach any documents that may be useful to the person looking for a guest speaker. It could be a program presentation outline, reference paper, etc. that you wish to attach. Follow the simple steps of browsing your files, select a file and click on "Update Attached Documents." If you do not wish to attach an additional document skip to step #8.
8. You have now entered all the required data for speaker registration. It will now go to the EAA Headquarters for approval. Note, it will not automatically appear on the EAA Speakers Bureau listing but will have a few day delay while it goes through the review process. If EAA Headquarters has any questions on the information entered, you will be contacted to clarify prior to your listing being posted to the web. To exit the speaker registration page you just need to select "Sign Out" under the Account area to the top left.
9. Thank you and enjoy your upcoming Chapter visits! Questions, comments, ideas and feedback can be directed to email@example.com.