Title: AirVenture Cook
Department: Events and Hospitality
Reports to: Manager, Food and Beverage
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Position is needed from July 18 to August 8 between the hours of 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Initiates and implements best practices in customer service while working as an ambassador for Aviation. In addition, the position serves to cultivate an active interest in EAA as the premier venue for aviation, educational programming and as a gathering place for the community.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Food and Beverage and the general supervision of the Director of Events and Hospitality, this position is responsible for executing the food and beverage operation for EAA events including the Air Academy Lodge, Volunteer Kitchen and EAA’s Internal and External events.
Include the following and may include other duties assigned:
- Cook required/scheduled meals daily.
- Apply knowledge regarding nutritional balance of meals.
- Work with the Lead Cook to maintain inventory of food and supplies.
- Execute the production of meals, from preparation, serving and clean up.
- Maintain cleaning projects and maintenance of kitchen area.
- Maintain daily temperature records of refrigeration and freezer units.
- Follow all food recipes as required by the Lead Cook and the Manager of Food and Beverage.
- Demonstrate positive service attitude toward staff and all guests.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety.
- Maintain, and have knowledge of serving equipment, vendors, and service centers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and utilization of a team atmosphere.
- Cooking and food presentation skills.
- Desire to learn and develop creativity in food preparation.
- Knowledge of food handling and preparation, and nutritional meal planning.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Strong verbal communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively, tactfully, and pleasantly with participants, staff, visitors, and guests
Certified Food Manager Certification or Servsafe Certification (required)
Please direct any employment questions to email@example.com.
You also may mail your application, resume, and cover letter to our office:
Experimental Aircraft Association
P.O. Box 3086
Oshkosh, WI 54903-3086
Equal Opportunity Employer