EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016, the “World's Greatest Aviation Celebration," is July 25-31. EAA welcomes media members from the around the world each year and appreciates the work you do. We know you'll find the people and airplanes at Oshkosh fascinating again this year.
ALL media registration must take place through the online site. No applications will be accepted via phone, fax or email.
Please read the information below before continuing to the registration form.
Only ONE application may be submitted per media organization for EAA AirVenture 2016, although multiple working media credentials may be requested for all that organization’s representatives at AirVenture. We recommend that a managing staff member (such as news editor, news director, photo editor, or lead working media person that will be at Oshkosh) make the application and be the primary contact for the entire group.
The primary contact at each media outlet will be asked to create an account before entering the application site (password must be at least seven characters and be any combination of letters, numerals and symbols). NOTE: For those who registered in 2015 or prior years, you will need to create a new account for 2016. The account DOES NOT carry over each year. This account, with your own password, will allow you to make necessary updates and changes to your credential list if it becomes necessary to do so. EAA will review this account list to ensure that there is only one contact from each media outlet. All others from the same outlet will be declined.
Please fill out all requested information for the media credentials application, including:
- Names/duties/e-mail addresses of all persons on the credential application list;
- Date of arrival on the AirVenture grounds (if known);
- Main contact person for each media, with contact information that includes mailing address, phone number and fax number, plus e-mail address. This person will be our contact with any questions or confirmations regarding credential requests.
One person will be designated as the primary contact for each media outlet. This person must make the credentials request for all those journalists attending from that outlet. Do not have each journalist apply for credentials individually, as only ONE application per media outlet is permitted.
Applications that do not include current contact phone numbers and e-mail addresses will not be accepted.
International journalists should apply early enough to meet any visa and/or passport requirements that are necessary to enter the U.S.
The number of media credentials issued to each media outlet will be limited to a reasonable number at the discretion of EAA. Any personnel over that limit will be subject to regular admission prices.
Upon receipt of your application, it will take up to 10 business days to review and confirm your application. An e-mail will be sent to the primary contact for your organization when your credential request is approved, or if more information is needed. In late June, the primary contact for each approved media outlet will receive additional information regarding parking, grounds, entry, and other information.
Media registration closes on July 11, 2016.
NOTE: Media credential requests are NOT accepted at the gate or during the event - no exceptions.
Media credential qualifications:
- EAA AirVenture media credentials are for working media only. Family members, friends, children, etc., are not issued media credentials, nor are those people whose primary purpose for attending EAA AirVenture is for a purpose other than covering the event as working news media.
- Freelance journalists/photographers are not issued credentials unless they are on a specific assignment from a recognized media outlet. The assigning media outlet must make the credential request.
- Video/film production crews (non-news) must receive approval from EAA Communications before receiving credentials. This also applies for Internet media that are shooting video for release on websites. EAA's television guidelines give a general idea of requirements and limitations.
- Photographer credentials are approved for editorial shooting only. Photographers shooting for stock houses, resale and other commercial purposes will not be credentialed. EAA's Photo guidelines give a general idea of requirements and limitations.
- Blog administrators, writers, vloggers, and podcast sites will not be considered for media credentials unless proper documentation of the site's history can be provided. Such documentation includes established period of existence, traffic/subscriber data, and previous coverage of aviation or EAA events.
- EAA AirVenture media credentials are not available to advertising, marketing, public relations or management departments or firms, unless they are assigned as journalists during the event.
- Press IDs from organizations that charge a fee for the ID are not sufficient for media credentials.
- Registered media representatives will receive occasional e-mail updates from EAA prior to and following EAA AirVenture. This list is shared with AirVenture exhibitors who may wish to contact the media regarding newsworthy items during the AirVenture event.
- EAA maintains the right to request additional information from any media outlet prior to approving credentials, and also may approve or reject any credential requests for the event.
If you have any questions, please call Dick Knapinski at 920-426-6523. You may also reach him via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh!
I have read and understand the above guidelines and will abide by them as a requirement prior to applying for EAA AirVenture Oshkosh media credentials.