May 28, 2014 - I routinely get field calls from EAA members that start off, “Bob, do you insure my aircraft?” Sometimes, finding the right insurance at a great price can be challenging, but we usually can get it done.
When it comes to powered parachutes and weight-shift control “trikes,” not only are we able to get it done, but EAA and Falcon Insurance Agency can proudly say we’ve created an unparalleled aircraft insurance plan for these types of aircraft exclusively for EAA members: the EAA Powered Parachute and Weight-Shift-Control (trike) Insurance Plan.
Other insurance offerings for these kinds of aircraft have come and gone. Now EAA has established a set of mandatory requirements to insurance companies that must be met before allowing insurance to be available to its members:
- Domestic (U.S.-based) insurance company1
- Insurance for Pilots - including student pilots
- Liability insurance - including passengers
- Insurance for personal use, flight instruction, and sales demonstration
- Physical damage insurance for the aircraft
- Ground only
- All risks (flight, taxi, trailering, and ground)
- Up to three pilots on each policy
- Coverage is available for S-LSA, E-LSA and experimental category aircraft, including one-of-a-kind. (Physical damage insurance may not be available for some experimental aircraft.)
(1 Insurance coverage is currently not issued in Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, West Virginia, Louisiana, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine.)
If you are an EAA member and fly a chute or a trike, you need protection. When you buy your insurance through the EAA Powered Parachute and Weight-Shift-Control (trike) Insurance Plan you are achieving three important objectives:
- You are protecting yourself and your investment
- You are helping to support EAA member safety and education programs, and
- You are helping to ensure the future availability of this EAA member benefit.
Protect yourself, support EAA, and help grow the EAA Powered Parachute and Weight-Shift-Control (trike) Insurance Plan. (Please note, there are some chutes and tries for which insurance coverage may not be available.)
EAA is dedicated to making personal aviation attainable and affordable. The insurance plans available through EAA Insurance Solutions are designed meet the needs of EAA members regardless of what insurance you need.
Visit EAA Insurance Solutions at www.eaa.org/insurance or call us at 866-647-4322.
EAA Insurance Solutions is administered by Falcon Insurance Agency, Inc., the official insurance agency for EAA.