The first chapter in our story's history begins on January 26, 1953. A group of aviators came together under the leadership of Paul and Audrey Poberezny to share their mutual interest in homebuilt aircraft and general aviation.
It was then that EAA was born.
Since it's beginnings, the values and beliefs instilled by our founders have become the foundation and legacy of the EAA we know today:
- Experience the freedom to dream and innovate.
- Believe those dreams are achievable.
- Maintain the standard of excellence.
- Believe in, take responsibility for, and be willing to help each other.
- Live the virtue of volunteering.
- Protect the right to fly.
- Invite new participants.
- Mentor and educate the youth.
These values and their journey of exploration and passion have inspired 1000 chapters worldwide, the amateur-built aircraft movement, and the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration.
We need to share this story ... EAA's story ... your story ... through the Founders' Wing.