It's All About You! (EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan)
By Bob Mackey, Vice President, Falcon Insurance Agency, Inc.
Why do people join? That question has been asked and answered by more association and group experts than perhaps any other question. From local clubs and community churches to national and international associations, leaders want to make their organization an inviting and attractive place where people want to be a member. What are the keys? Some say; passion, common goals, resources and services; or a larger voice in relevant issues. The reasons are unlimited and also sometimes arguable. The bottom line is; it's all about you. What do you want, what do you expect, and what is it you are looking for or need?
From an association perspective, the challenge becomes this: Can we meet your needs? Do we have what you're looking for and if we do, are we communicating to you that we've got what you've been looking for? With the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan, we've got what you've been looking for!
There is no doubt about it, if it were not for the EAA, we would not have the freedom to build, own, and fly homebuilt airplanes. Today there are more than 25,000 homebuilt aircraft flying and last year there were more homebuilt aircraft built than all standard category (production) airplane deliveries.
EAA has made is possible for people who love aviation to be able to enjoy building, restoring, and flying for fun. But what about the infrastructure needed to support recreational aviation? There too, EAA is the leader.
One of the areas where EAA has always been a leader is aviation insurance. EAA has created dynamic relationships with leading aviation insurance companies to make sure aviation insurance is available. In addition, in its selection and appointment of Falcon Insurance Agency EAA established an access point where EAA members can obtain top-notch customer service, a broad array of aviation insurance products, and competitive prices. EAA and Falcon, along with support from Global Aerospace, created the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan exclusively for EAA Members, with insurance coverage expansions that are not available anywhere else in the aviation insurance industry. The EAA Aircraft insurance Plan is all about you!
Below are just some of the great expansions available through the EAA Aircraft Insurance Plan.
- Sport Pilot-Light Sport Aircraft-READY
- Non-Deductibles *
- First-Flight Coverage (with successful participation in EAA's Flight Advisor Program) *
- $5,000 Coverage for personal effects of passengers
- $10,000 Medical Payments Coverage
- $25,000 Search and Rescue Coverage
- $25,000 Emergency Flight Conditions Coverage
- $50,000 Aircraft Hangar and Contents Coverage
- Non-Owned Aircraft Coverage (including experimental-amateur built aircraft)
- No Family Sub-Limit Restriction
- Per Passenger Coverage (no per person restrictions)
- Liability Coverage after the sale of owned (insured) aircraft, (up to a maximum of one year or the total number days the policy was enforce prior to the sale)
* Some exceptions may apply.
EAA INSURANCE TIPS is a special EAA Member benefit. If you have an insurance related topic you’d like to see addressed or if you have any comments, please email email@example.com. If you need an insurance quotation call 866-647-4EAA (4322).