Discover the Excitement of Aviation at EAA's Family Flightfest on March 2-3
Interactive, educational weekend at AirVenture Museum will spark interest in flight
February 11, 2013 - Kick off springtime by discovering the exciting world of aviation with an interactive, educational family experience at EAA's Family Flightfest, scheduled for Saturday, March 2, and Sunday, March 3, at EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh.
From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, the museum's younger visitors can enjoy a variety of aviation-related activities that will educate and spark their curiosity in flight. Those who attend can participate in these activities:
- Experience the thrill of flying in the Wright Flyer and Hot Seat simulators
- Parachute an egg safely to the ground in the "Houston, We May Have an Omelet" egg drop challenge
- Build your own specially designed paper airplane and enter it in contests featuring the new, improved paper airplane launcher
- Explore the museum in the Stamp Scavenger Hunt
- Watch kid-friendly movies in the Skyscape Theater
- Watch radio-controlled flying and model-making demonstrations
- Kids assemble and fly a model glider they can keep
- Enjoy activities and exhibits in the KidVenture Gallery
"Family Flighfest is a great way to discover the limitless opportunities the world of aviation has to offer," said Bob Campbell, Bob Campbell, EAA’s director of the AirVenture Museum and museum education. "Families will enjoy activities together in our world-class museum dedicated to recreational flight and aviation innovations."
Lunch will be available for purchase each day between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
All of the above activities are included with regular admission (adults, $12.50; seniors age 62+, $10.50; students age 6-17, $9.50; children age 5 and under, free; family rate of two adults plus children, $31. The MaxFlight Simulator located in the KidVenture wing of the museum is also available for an additional $6. In addition, you can enjoy Family Flightfest and the many benefits of EAA membership with a $50 EAA Family Membership that includes everyone in your household.
About EAA AirVenture Museum
The EAA AirVenture Museum is located just off Highway 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The Museum is open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA AirVenture Museum at (920) 426-6108 or visit www.airventuremuseum.org.