Louisiana EAA Fly-In Series Resumes In March
February 23, 2006 — The Louisiana EAA Fly-in Series begins its 2006 season on March 25 with the Chapter 971 Fly-in at St. John's Airport. 2005 was undoubtedly one of its toughest years ever for Louisiana, and there will be slightly fewer scheduled events in 2006 as the state continues to rebuild. But organizers are confident that this unique fly-in series will continue to achieve its goal to raise the general public's aviation awareness and increase aviation activity in the state.
Here are the nine scheduled events for the 2006 Louisiana EAA Fly-in Series:
- March 25, Chapter 971 Fly-in, St. John Airport (1L0)
- April 21-22, Chapter 614 Spring Fly-in, Pineville Municipal (2L0)
- May 13, Chapter 244 Fly-in & Poker Run, False River Regional (HZR)
- May 20, Chapter 912 Fly-in, Concordia Parish (Vidalia) (0R4)
- September 9, Chapter 836 Freedom Fly-in, Monroe Regional (MLU)
- September 23-24, Chapter 244 Fly-in & Poker Run, False River Regional (HZR)
- October 7, Chapter 513 Cajun Fly-in, Houma-Terrebonne (HUM)
- October 13-14, Chapter 614 Fall Fly-in, Pineville Municipal (2L0)
- October 21, Chapter 836 Southern Heritage Fly-in, Tallulah/Vicksburg Regional (TVR)
Activities at Each Fly-in:
While these events are being organized and sponsored by individual EAA chapters, organizers encourage participation from others in aviation, including FAA, 99s, Civil Air Patrol, U.S. military, agricultural operators, the Louisiana DOTD, flight schools, commercial operators, IAC, vintage aircraft groups, etc.
Most events will feature Young Eagles flights. Visit http://members.cox.net/laflyins/ for more on schedules, activities, results, photos, and other important information.