Join Your Fellow EAAers at Lakeland
April 16, 2009 — Next week aviation enthusiasts return to Lakeland, Florida, for the 35th annual Sun ’n Fun Fly-In, at Lakeland Linder Regional Airport Tuesday through Sunday, April 21-26. EAA will again be a major participant, with an extensive exhibit on the grounds, dozens of forum presentations, a special EAA chapter social event, and more. Not to mention the thousands of Sun ’n Fun volunteers, many of whom are EAA members.
- Visit EAA’s Welcome Center to join or renew an EAA membership, learn about EAA member benefits, purchase advance admission to EAA AirVenture, or enter the EAA Aircraft Sweepstakes - The two major EAA Sweepstakes prizes - the Flight Design MC and RotorWay Talon A600 helicopter - will be on display.
- EAA chapter members are invited to a special ice cream social after the air show on Opening Day in the EAA Publications tent area (just south of Cessna’s large outdoor exhibit). No reservations are needed and the event is open to all chapter members, so stop by and enjoy some ice cream and camaraderie. EAA President Tom Poberezny will have a short presentation and will also be joined by Hal Shevers of Sporty’s Pilot Shop for a special announcement of interest to all chapter members.
- EAA staff and representatives will be hosting more than 40 forums during the week on a variety of topics. Two forums focusing on recent developments of the FAA’s enforcement and administration of the 51% Rule are expected to draw large crowds. “The 51 % Rule…EAA & FAA” will be conducted by EAA Homebuilders Community Manager Joe Norris and FAA Airworthiness Certification Branch Manager Don Lausman on Opening Day Tuesday, 12 noon, in Forum Tent 4. The forum will be repeated at noon on Thursday in Forum Tent 2.
- EAA members receive discounted admission rates at all Sun ’n Fun gates, but remember that beginning this year there’s no separate EAA membership tent at the main gate. Instead a small service center will assist those who may need their membership number to receive the discounted admission rate available to EAAers only. (EAA members are urged to join or renew prior to arriving at Sun ’n Fun. Current members should make sure they bring along their membership card to prevent admission delays.)
- EAA’s editorial staff will be covering the event, with a special e-Hotline on Sun ’n Fun’s opening day. Complete information about this year’s fly-in at www.sun-n-fun.org.