New and Improved EAA Video Player Launched in Time for Oshkosh
July 22, 2010 — Just in time for AirVenture, EAA has released the latest version of its online video player, at www.eaavideo.org. The updated player contains a number of enhancements designed to improve the user experience, including:
- Search: With over 1,100 EAA videos now online, a built-in search engine makes it much easier to find the video you’re looking for. Also, for the first time, EAA’s videos are now indexed by major Internet search engines such as Google.
- Channels: Videos are now arranged into a series of Channels, so users can browse videos that are grouped into a particular area of interest (such as Homebuilding, Aerobatics, Aviation History, Learning to Fly, etc.)
- Improved video quality: The player contains smart technology that will deliver an appropriate video stream according to the bandwidth capabilities of the viewer. So higher definition videos will be delivered to those with fast connections, and lower def for slower connections.
- Mobile support: Support for video viewing on mobile devices has been improved, including for viewing on the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Sorting: Videos can now be sorted along the lines of “Most Recent” and “Most Popular.”
- Social media integration: Videos can be shared directly to Facebook, and viewed directly in the Facebook activity stream.
Log on and enjoy an improved viewing experience!