Saying Thank You to Our Veterans
November 11, 2010 — On this Veterans Day, we remember the sacrifices made by the brave men and women while defending freedom all over the world. Whether they served at times of war or times of peace, we are forever grateful to those who put their lives on the line while serving their country.
Those of us who enjoy the freedom of flight know that freedom comes at a cost – a cost borne by those who have served in uniform.
At AirVenture 2010, EAA was honored to host a variety of activities and attractions dedicated to veterans as part of the week-long “Salute to Veterans.” It was a way for EAA members and aviation enthusiasts to say thank you to all those who have served and to remember those who never came home.
Below is a sampling of great videos on eaavideo.org from AirVenture 2010 profiling our heroes as well as the iconic warbirds in which they flew:
- Old Glory Honor Flight of World War II veterans
- John Carron: Seafire Machinist Shares Memories of War
- Seafire Mk.15: A Hooked Spitfire
- C-47 Feature
- Warbirds Montage
- B-25 Panchito arrives
- Stories from a Skycrane Vietnam Veteran
Warbirds in Review sessions
Timeless Voices of Aviation
- Danny Russell: Morse Radio Intercept Operator, Vietnam War
- Dan Cherry: F-105 and F-4 pilot, Vietnam War
- Harry Selling: B-17 pilot, World War II
- Charlie Plumb: F-4 pilot, Vietnam War
- Archive of Timeless Voices segments