EAA is stating the following in regards to the annual AirVenture Cup race, which has been the matter of some public discussion concerning the race's future:
- EAA did not cancel the AirVenture Cup race.
- The AirVenture Cup organizers opted to cancel this year's race.
- A group of EAA volunteers founded and have organized the race for more than a decade. The race completes its competition outside Oshkosh, with the competitors then flying together for a mass arrival during AirVenture.
- As part of the race, EAA does assist race organizers with volunteer benefits and exhibit space.
- Since last year, there have been discussions with race organizers on better defining the event and its relationship to EAA, including clarifying name and branding elements.
- EAA encouraged organizers to continue the race and will continue to offer race organizers volunteer benefits.