Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Enter the EAA AirVenture 2015 Selfie Scavenger Hunt
July 16, 2015 - Whether it is your first visit to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh or you’re in double digits, the AirVenture Selfie Scavenger Hunt is a fun way to explore the convention grounds and get some great photo ops along the way! Make sure you “land on the spot” as you take your picture to capture the action behind you! Post your picture to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #EAASelfie and #OSH15. Each post equals an entry into our daily drawing for a ride on a Bell 47 Helicopter.
Contest details are listed below. Follow the list below or the signs around the grounds and keep your eye out for the Wild Card spots throughout the week!
1. Welcome to Oshkosh – There’s nothing like that feeling when you finally arrive after months of dreaming of Oshkosh. Start at the main gate and snap a photo of all the happy aviation enthusiasts arriving at AirVenture.
Head on down Celebration Way to find Give Flight next!
2. Give Flight - Five sets of wings, five different chapters will produce five new planes. Pull a rivet and take your selfie in front of the project.
Cut across the four corners to find the One Week Wonder next!
3. One Week Wonder - It is a wonder everything that happens in one week at AirVenture. In 2014, in addition to everything else, we also built a plane! See the completed homebuilt on display in the Welcome Center and snap a photo with this unique aircraft.
Check out the big guys in Boeing Plaza next!
4. Boeing Plaza - Affectionately known as the Times Square of AirVenture, Boeing Plaza holds some incredible aircraft on display. While you might think it doesn’t get any cooler than this, just wait for what you see next!
Take a trip down Wittman Road to Brown Arch next.
5. Brown Arch - Did you know this used to be the main entrance to AirVenture? Now it commemorates the members and volunteers that make AirVenture happen every year. Snap a shot with this iconic piece of EAA in the background.
Head north on Wittman to get a view from the Nikon Tower.
6. Nikon Photo Tower - The flightline is where all the action happens every day during the air show. Stop by the Nikon tower to get a great shot of this area.
Head down to Warbird Alley and see the iconic Ford Tri-Motor next!
7. Ford Tri-Motor - This transport plane revolutionized commercial aviation. If you are taking a ride, take a photo from your seat or get one with the plane on the ground.
Just a few more steps — go to Warbirds HQ next.
8. Warbirds HQ – Sidle up to the Veterans Tribute Memorial honoring those who have served.
From old to new, see the F-16 parked at Aviation Gateway Park.
9. Aviation Gateway Park - Check out this F-16 and all the other exciting activities at Aviation Gateway Park.
From big to small, head over to the drone cage next
10. Drone Cage - A brand new attraction. Get your selfie with the multicopters in the background or fly one yourself each afternoon!
Head east on Waukau to find the Sweepstakes building.
11. Sweepstakes - No one wears yellow like the J-3 Piper Cub. Sign up to win it for yourself and get a picture with the plane.
Enjoy the shade at Theater at the Woods next.
12. Theater in the Woods - What great speakers are being featured tonight? This quaint area of AirVenture will feature some of the greatest talent in aviation.
Head a little south to see the ultralight iconic red barn!
13. Ultralight Barn - Gliders to powered parachutes to small slow moving aircraft. Ultralights are a unique but fun style of flying. The red barn is the main base for the Fun Fly Zone.
Lights, camera, action – Fly-In Theater is next!
14. Fly-In Theater - Get your photo with the crowd as they gather for classic and newly released films in the outdoor theater!
It’s all fun and games at KidVenture – take the museum tram!
15. KidVenture - The KidVenture Arch, historic Pioneer Airport, grass runway, and perfect place to take one final selfie.