Take a look at our current openings and apply now!
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay Connected. Stay Informed.The latest news and the greatest photo galleries and videos.
Urban Air Mobility Showcase Bringing the Future to Oshkosh 2019
June 6, 2019 - The newest venue in Aviation Gateway Park is the Urban Air Mobility (UAM) Showcase. The UAM Showcase will include a number of prominent and innovative companies in the urban air mobility industry. Members and attendees will want to visit the UAM Showcase to see everything from eVTOLs to hover bikes: to put it plainly, it's the home of innovations and experimental aircraft that exemplify what the future of aviation looks like.
Attendees at the UAM Showcase will be able to learn about the new technologies from the multitude of companies attempting to solve the air mobility challenge, as well as interact personally with those making the largest leaps forward. The following 11 companies are all anticipated to attend, and share their work with curious AirVenture attendees.
- AeroMobil is an international team of more than 40 experts from the automotive and aerospace sectors representing over eight countries across the world. Based in Central Europe they work together to design and manufacture unique and innovative flying cars (AeroMobil 4.0 STOL and AeroMobil 5.0 VTOL) within all existing regulations for road and air transport, with the features of automobiles and airplanes combined.
- Athena Aerospace is an independent engineering consultancy for advanced systems. Combining vast engineering skills with a thorough knowledge of manufacturing, we help organizations develop outstanding technologies for Aviation, Space, Defense and other demanding domains.
- Assen Aero is bringing the Assen Aero A1, an electric hoverbike that is adapted from a café style motorbike. Three ducted fans allow for propulsion, lift, and stability, and the pilot rides the hoverbike with the same stance that they would a normal motorcycle.
- BETA Technologies is a small, cross-functional team working on inventing the next generation of electric aircraft and recharging systems. BETA has put an eVTOL in the air, designed the world's largest electric aircraft, and began manufacturing the world's first megawatt-scale aircraft recharging station.
- BLADE is a digitally powered aviation company based in New York City. BLADE allows users to create their own crowdsourced flights or purchase seats on pre-existing flights between Manhattan, the Hamptons, Nantucket, the Jersey Shore, Miami, and all surrounding airports. As of April 2019, BLADE also operates scheduled service in Southern California and the San Francisco Bay Area. BLADE's mobile platform bridges the needs of consumers and aviation operators to reduce the cost of air travel on private aircraft by maximizing passenger capacity utilization.
- EHANG is an intelligent autonomous aerial vehicle company with integrated capacities of R&D, manufacturing, sales, and services. EHANG 184 AAV is a safe, smart, and eco-friendly low-altitude autonomous aerial vehicle, aiming to provide medium- to short-distance communication and transportation solutions.
- Lift Aircraft allows pilots and nonpilots to experience controlled flight. The company has developed a multi-rotor, single passenger aircraft that a rider can operate within a geofenced area. After flying in a sim and tutorial, the pilot is free to explore the sky.
- VerdeGo Aero has shifted gears from developing its own flying car to developing hybrid-electric propulsion systems (integrated distributed electric propulsion) for eVTOL aircraft. The company will focus on hybrid systems until battery technology improves to the point that fully electric solutions are capable.