This program provides a hands-on learning experience including fundamentals of flight and the basic concepts of piloting with EAA’s Aviation Merit Badge counselors. As part of the program, Scouts will conduct a pre-flight inspection in the EAA Aviation Museum and use flight simulators to fly a virtual course. Also included in the program is a tour of the EAA Aviation Museum, a collection of more than 200 historic airplanes along with world-class galleries and displays.
Requirements fulfilled: 1a-e, 2be, 3b, 4c, and 5.
For more information, to learn package costs, or to make a reservation, please email Museum@EAA.org or call 920-426-4800.
- The program is open to scouts ages 11-17.
- If you do not meet the minimum count requirement, your unit can still attend however you will be charged for the minimum required. An option to consider is pairing with another unit of the same age group to reach the minimum.
- One chaperone is required for every eight scouts. Chaperone fees are complimentary for the day program ONLY. Any additional adults or chaperones for the day program will be charged at the group rate of $9.50 each.
- Leaders and chaperones must be prepared to provide support, supervision, and assistance during the entire event.
- Scouts must complete the entire EAA Aviation Merit Badge Workbook PRIOR to attending the event – NO exceptions. Merit Badges are earned, not given. Download Fillable PDF Workbook
|DAY PROGRAM||OVERNIGHT PROGRAM|
|Scout Price: $15 per Scout
Adult Price: $9.50 per Additional Adult
Program Length: 4 hours
Minimum/Maximum Size: 10/35 Scouts
|Price: $50 per Scout
Adult Price: $20 per Adult
Program Length: Schedule TBD
Minimum/Maximum Size: 20/35 Scouts
- In addition to the Merit Badge Program, overnight activities will also include:
- Extra time with flight simulators
- Free time in the museum’s KidVenture exhibit
- EAA-provided movie in the Skyscape Theater
- An additional education program focusing on the four forces of flight
- The price includes dinner in the evening, an evening snack, and breakfast in the morning.
- Participants must provide their own sleeping bags and personal items.
- A $200 deposit and signed contract are required to secure your date.