The EAA Young Eagles Workshops program provides an opportunity for EAA chapters to offer youth who are of school age (approximately 11 to 17) an opportunity to learn about aviation in a social setting at a local airport. EAA Young Eagles Workshops can be a one-day or a multiple day experience geared to introduce kids to the basic elements of airplanes and aviation.
Through various classroom-style learning and hands-on activities, EAA Young Eagles Workshops provide emotional, creative, social, and educational growth to kids with mentorship from EAA chapter members. These workshops focus on specialized aviation content and materials to offer kids to embrace aviation as a potential recreational or career path as they mature.
Register to host an event ›
EAA national provides turnkey content, materials, and a guidebook to offering workshops at the local airport. Content and materials include learning modules on a variety of aviation subject matter, activity work sheets, and interactive activities such as hands on building and fabricating project ideas, materials and role-playing related to piloting.
The development of this program and the discounted price for chapters was made possible in part by a generous donation from the Sporty’s Foundation.
Cost for chapters: $70 $35
View kit contents ›
Webinar – EAA Young Eagles Workshops: Day Camp Program for Chapters
Join EAA Chapters staff members John Egan and Megan Hart on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 12 p.m. CDT as they introduce the new program, discuss the goals, and how to get involved.
Register to attend ›
Your chapter is eligible to participate in the EAA Young Eagles Workshops program by addressing the following:
- Be an EAA chapter in good standing.
- Have an area suitable to host EAA Young Eagles Workshops, including comfortable, adequate space for classroom-style learning, such as a clean hangar with restrooms.*
- Be committed to staffing the program according to EAA Youth Protection Policy program requirements. For more information, visit EAA.org/YouthProtection.
- Solicit youth participation through previous Young Eagles rallies, local school programs, clubs, or other youth outlets.
- Be committed to ensuring a great experience for the kids.
*EAA youth activities are not permitted at member homes.
For more information, please contact EAA's Chapter Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-426-5912.