EAA will deliver the excitement of flight throughout the United States in 2020 as EAA’s “Spirit of Aviation” mobile unit, presented by the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA), visits numerous events in 2020.
The 53-foot traveling experiential exhibit will introduce EAA to enthusiasts through aviation activities for people of all ages, while also engaging those who are already aviators and EAA members with updated activities and all the opportunities EAA offers.
The Spirit of Aviation mobile unit will be making at least seven appearances in six states during 2020. Local EAA chapters will be involved at each tour stop and EAA senior leadership team members will be hosting grassroots aviation sessions at each location.
Out of concern for the health and safety of EAA members, guests, staff, and volunteers, EAA has decided to cancel all of its Spirit of Aviation mobile unit event appearances in the month of May. This decision follows the latest recommendations from the CDC relating to public events in the rapidly evolving effort to contain the coronavirus and COVID-19. We apologize for any inconvenience these cancellations may cause.
Upcoming visits throughout the year include (tour schedule subject to change without notice):
- May 13-16: Joe Nall Fly-In; Woodruff, South Carolina – CANCELED
- May 29-30: AOPA Fly-In; San Marcos, Texas – CANCELED
- June 12-14: Chippewa Valley Air Show; Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- September 5-7: Lunken Airport Days; Cincinnati, Ohio
- September 11-12: AOPA Fly-In; Rochester, New York
- October 16-18: Fort Worth Alliance Air Show; Fort Worth, Texas
We invite you to visit EAA’s Spirit of Aviation mobile unit in 2020. While you’re here, don’t miss out on these amazing experiences:
- Join EAA members and leadership to discuss news from Oshkosh, including what EAA is doing to grow aviation and protect your right to fly, followed by an opportunity to ask questions.
- Try out our Redbird TD flight simulators and NATCA air traffic control simulators, lose yourself in a 360-degree virtual reality video, and interact with a virtual flight instructor through the EAA Virtual Flight Academy.
- Meet members of local EAA chapters and discover ways you can join in the fun!
- Kids can build a Horizon Hobby glider (while supplies last)!
- Ask for your exclusive EAA member Spirit of Aviation Tour patch (available only at tour events and while supplies last).
Interested in hosting the Spirit of Aviation mobile unit at your event in 2021? Please fill out this form and tell us about your event! (Please note: EAA is not accepting new applications for event appearances in 2020.)