Through many generous donors, EAA awards more than $75,000 in scholarships for students attending a post-secondary institution with a focus on aviation, including pilot training, aeronautics engineering, aviation management, airframe and powerplant (A&P) maintenance, and more.
All applications are reviewed against the criteria for the individual grants and then awarded to those who show the greatest potential to be actively engaged in aviation.
EAA strives to provide scholarships that have a minimum award of $5,000. Awards are made up of the following funds:
- Harry E. Arcamuzi Aviation Scholarship
- Michael Blume Memorial Scholarship
- Jack Burnham Scholarship
- Fred & Diane Fitts Scholarship by CAA
- Gerald “Jerry” Holland Scholarship
- H.P. “Bud” Milligan Aviation Scholarship
- David Mineck Memorial Scholarship
- Cdr John Paradiso Scholarship for Women in Aviation/Aerospace*
- Payzer Scholarship
- David Alan Quick Scholarship
- John Sandberg A & P Scholarship
- Morgan Brittany Smith Memorial Scholarship*
- Richard Lee Vernon Aviation Scholarship
- Chaudoin Scholarship
*For more information, visit the EAA GirlVenture Camp page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a post-secondary scholarship cover?
Post-secondary scholarships may be used to cover costs for collegiate level programs in the United States including but not limited to: aerospace or aeronautical engineering, aviation business administration, air traffic control, aviation maintenance, professional flight, or any aviation-related STEM field.
Do I have to be an EAA member to apply?
You do not need to be a current EAA member to apply for a scholarship.
I am not a U.S. citizen. Can I apply for a post-secondary scholarship?
We encourage individuals from all countries to apply. However, all scholarship awards must be used at a post-secondary institution within the United States.
What are the age requirements to apply for a post-secondary scholarship?
You must be at least 16 years old to apply, however post-secondary scholarships must be used within one year from the date of award. Therefore you must be eligible to attend a collegiate level program within that time frame.
When can I apply for a flight training scholarship?
Once the scholarship application cycle opens, noted above, the application is available to read and complete.
Are you strict about the application deadline?
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made for missing the final application deadline.
Will I be notified when my application was received?
No. Please ensure the submission card on your application states “Application Submitted.”
When will I be notified if I am selected for a scholarship?
All winners and non-winners will receive an email sent to the email address listed on your application approximately one month after the scholarship cycle closes. Please list an email address that you check often! If you have not received an email, please check your spam folder.
What are the next steps if I am awarded a post-secondary scholarship?
If you win a scholarship, you will be sent an email with documents for completion. Once EAA has received these, the disbursement process will begin. EAA will send a check directly to the post-secondary institution.**Please note, you have one year from the date of your award to use the funds of an EAA scholarship if the scholarship is non-renewable. If not all money is used during this designated year, the money will revert back to the EAA Scholarship Fund.
Additional questions should be directed to Scholarships@EAA.org.
Tips for Submitting Your Best Application
- Start early and don’t miss the deadline.
- Read the requirements and follow all directions, paying attention to the details.
- Proofread and review thoroughly before submission. Ensure your answers have correct grammar and spelling.
- Provide detailed answers to the essay questions that describe how you stand out from other applicants.
- Being a member of EAA and a member of an EAA chapter will make your application stand out.
- Volunteering for local organizations, both aviation and non-aviation related, will also highlight your application to the selection committee.