EAA strives to provide camperships to help you explore the world of aviation at EAA Air Academy camps in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
All applications are reviewed against the criteria for the individual grants and then awarded to those who show the greatest potential to be actively engaged in aviation.
Awards are made up of the following funds:
- Eldon Beresford Education Scholarship
- Bury Family Education Scholarship
- Dean William Carson Air Academy Scholarship
- Allen L. Davis Education Scholarship
- Cheryl Deamer-Boykin Aviation Scholarship
- EAA Chapter 579 Scholarship
- Lee Eisenhart Scholarship
- Thomas Ellsberg Scholarship
- Harrison Ford Scholarship
- J. Andrew Garratt Memorial Scholarship
- Leo Giles Scholarship
- Norm and Norma Hansen Scholarship
- John W. Hicks Scholarship
- Elroy and Dorothy E. Hilbert Scholarship
- Don T. Hopkin Memorial Scholarship
- Michael T. Keefe Youth Aviation Fund
- Jimmy Leeward Scholarship
- Russell MacFarlane Education Scholarship
- Jack Mark Scholarship
- Capt. Craig A. Mueller Memorial Scholarship
- The Michael Neunteufel Scholarship
- Donald H. Nietz Scholarship Fund
- Richard A. Perritt Air Academy Scholarship
- Tim C. Peterson Scholarship
- Wallace Peterson Scholarship
- Bill Phillips Memorial Scholarship
- Richard P. Reitz Memorial Scholarship
- David & Andrea Robertson Scholarship
- Neale Slater Scholarship
- Glenn A. Smith Memorial Scholarship
- James Stafford Memorial Scholarship
- Washington County Pilots Association Scholarship
- Robert B. Weronke Scholarship
- Zieve Family Scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
What does an Air Academy campership cover?
Camperships may be used to cover costs for EAA Air Academy tuition.
Do I have to be an EAA member to apply?
You do not need to be a current EAA member to apply for a scholarship.
What are the age requirements to apply for an Air Academy campership?
Campers must be accepted to an EAA Air Academy camp for the summer following the end of the campership cycle. EAA Air Academy camps are designed for students ages 12 to 18. Please visit the EAA Air Academy page for more information.
When can I apply for an Air Academy campership?
Once the scholarship application cycle opens, noted above, the application is available to read and complete.
Are you strict about the application deadline?
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made for missing the final application deadline.
Will I be notified when my application was received?
No. Please ensure the submission card on your application states “Application Submitted.”
When will I be notified if I am selected for a scholarship?
All winners and non-winners will receive an email sent to the email address listed on your application approximately one month after the scholarship cycle closes. Please list an email address that you check often! If you have not received an email, please check your spam folder.
Additional questions should be directed to Scholarships@EAA.org.
Tips for Submitting Your Best Application
- Start early and don’t miss the deadline.
- Read the requirements and follow all directions, paying attention to the details.
- Proofread and review thoroughly before submission. Ensure your answers have correct grammar and spelling.
- Provide detailed answers to the essay questions that describe how you stand out from other applicants.