Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay InspiredEAA is your guide to getting the most out of the world of flight and giving your passion room to grow.
Jumpstart Your Aviation Career!
August 2020 – EAA Canada is a new Canadian registered charity whose main goal is to help young people pursue careers in aviation. For the first time, EAA Canada is offering scholarships for those candidates who already hold a private pilot licence, and are entering or already enrolled in a commercial pilot licence course in Canada. Two such scholarships, each in the amount of $3,000, are available for award in 2020.
Criteria for awards are as follows:
- Open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Must already hold a private pilot licence as of the application closing date.
- Must be 18 to 25 years of age by the application closing date of September 30, 2020.
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in aviation.
- Academic and flying ability as demonstrated by academic record and PPL exam and flight test results.
- Demonstrated leadership through extracurricular activities in the community and/or in school.
- Financial need.
Jean Dueck Award
This award is to honour the memory of Jean Dueck, who learned to fly in her 50s, then built and flew her own airplane. Jean was passionate about encouraging young women to pursue aviation careers. The amount of this award is $3,000. It is open to women meeting the criteria listed above.
EAA Canada Award
This award is open to all persons, male or female, meeting the above criteria, and is in the amount of $3,000.
Closing date is September 30, 2020. Check in with our newsletter next month for how to apply for a bursary.
Apply now ›