Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Celebrate the Holidays With Santa, EAA at Christmas in the Air
November 19, 2014 - EAA hosts its traditional “Christmas in the Air” open house 11 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, December 6, at the EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This free community event for all ages features a festive holiday atmosphere enhanced with performances by local musical, choral, and dance groups. The change from the traditional Monday in December to the weekend will allow more young people to attend and will also avoid conflicts with the Green Bay Packers game schedule on Monday, December 8.
Capping EAA’s special event will be the arrival of Santa Claus by helicopter at approximately noon, followed by his visit with children at the event. Children can also write letters to Santa that will be sent with him when he flies back to the North Pole. Attendees will enjoy the various historical and educational attractions that the EAA AirVenture Museum offers year-round. The EAA Museum gift shop and a food concession area are also open during the event.
Here’s the performance schedule:
- Storytelling area (Eagle Hangar mezzanine), 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Christmas movies (Skyscape Theater), 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Founders’ Wing mezzanine 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. – Anastasia Lee, Westhaven Quartet, harpist Serena Kamps
- Pioneer Airport exhibit 11 a.m.-3 p.m. – Woodworth Middle School Choir, Lourdes Academy Madrigal Singers, Neenah Community Band, Carl Traeger Middle School Polka Dots, Oshkosh West H.S. Madrigals, Holy Spirit Middle School Chorus, Oshkosh North H.S. Madrigal Singers
- Voyager exhibit area 11 a.m.-4 p.m. – Lourdes Academy Madrigal Consort (flutes/clarinets), Winneconne H.S. VocaBeat Jazz Choir, Lomira Middle School Jazz Ensemble, Lomira H.S. Jazz Ensemble, Oshkosh Suzuki Violins, Oshkosh Suzuki Cellos, Berlin H.S. Choir, Neenah H.S. Touch of Class
- Eagle Hangar 12:30-3:30 p.m. – Those Funny Little People and Julie’s Touch of Silver (alternating performances)
All attendees are also encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item to benefit the Oshkosh Area Community Pantry as it assists local families at this time of year.