Take a look at our current openings and apply now!
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Your Passion Finds PurposeWe’re everyone’s aviation association growing the spirit of aviation, and we look forward to your support.
AirVenture Safety 101
By Chris Farrell, EAA 1154191, Manager of Safety and Security
June 2018 - With EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018 right around the corner, it is important to know what to do as an EAA volunteer in certain situations should they arise on the convention grounds.
Lost Child Procedures:
- Ask the child if he or she is lost.
- If yes, immediately contact security/law enforcement (call EAA AirVenture Oshkosh security dispatch at 920-230-7754).
- Make sure to stay in the location where you found the child.
- Ask the child if he or she knows where their parent/guardian may be.
- Wait with the child. Do not leave the child until assistance from security/law enforcement arrives.
Severe Weather Procedures:
In the event of severe weather, warnings and instructions will be provided over the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh public-address system, EAA Radio, social media, and text messaging alerts to your cellphone. (Text OSHALERT to 69050 to automatically sign up for any necessary weather alerts.)
If severe weather develops or has the potential to develop, the National Weather Service will issue a watch or warning based on an approaching storm’s potential or current strength. In the event that a warning is issued, Winnebago County emergency sirens will activate and you should seek shelter immediately.
- If you are on the AirVenture grounds, seek shelter in a building or a sturdy exhibitor tent.
- If you are in Camp Scholler, take shelter in your camper or your vehicle.
- If you are in your vehicle, crouch below the window line and turn on the engine. This will allow the vehicle’s airbags to be deployed if necessary.
- If shelter is not available, find a low spot away from trees, fences, and poles. Make sure the spot is not prone to flash flooding. If you cannot avoid trees, try to stay in the area of shorter trees.