Be part of the largest gathering of passionate female aviators and aviation enthusiasts during EAA WomenVenture 2021 at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh!
EAA WomenVenture is an annual celebration of women in all facets of the aviation community. Activities are scheduled during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh to provide women the opportunity to connect with other women who love aviation and build camaraderie within the EAA community.
This inspiring week includes a networking social, annual group photo with more than 1,000 women on Boeing Plaza, women's Power Lunch with keynote speaker, and special evening program.
2021 EAA WomenVenture T-Shirt Design Contest
Inspire women who love aviation everywhere by taking part in EAA's 2021 WomenVenture T-Shirt Design Contest!
Heather Penney, EAA Aviation Foundation Women Soar Society Advisory Board chair, EAA board of directors member, and Sr. Fellow at Mitchell Institute said, "People don't realize how much talent, how much passion, how much competence, how much expertise that women bring to the table. So to be able to create these connections, make new friendships, and renew and strengthen old friendships is fantastic, and we can't wait to see everyone again next year!"
In the spirit of keeping this enthusiasm and positivity alive, bring your creativity and vision to life and submit your design today. The contest begins on October 1, 2020 at 12 p.m. CDT and will end on November 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Please thoroughly read the contest rules below.
In order to enter the 2021 EAA® WomenVenture™ T-Shirt Design Contest (the "Contest") sponsored by the Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc. ("EAA"), you, either on your own behalf or on behalf of a minor child for whom you have authority to act, (the "Entrant"), hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (the "Rules"):
- Eligibility. The contest is open to all individuals who are at least 15 years old at the time the Contest Period concludes, however, EAA employees, directors and officers, and the household members (related or non-related) and immediate family members (parents, siblings, children, spouses, life partners) of EAA employees, directors and officers are not eligible to participate. Participation in the contest by submission of the Design to EAA constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, the Rules. There is no limit to the number of entries an eligible entrant can submit during the Contest Period.
- Design Requirements. Any and all designs and artwork submitted to EAA by Entrant (the "Design") for this Contest must meet the following criteria:
- It must use only one color and must be visible against the color of this year's shirt, which is navy frost.
- It must follow the provided template for correct EAA® WomenVenture™ and EAA logo placement.
- It must be provided to EAA in one of the following formats: PSD (Photoshop), AI (Adobe Illustrator), .jpeg, .png, .eps or .pdf. Hard copies or paper submissions will not be accepted.
- It must be an original, unpublished work and design which does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use, in part or in whole, any content, material or element that is owned by, or licensed for use to, any third party or entity.
- It cannot contain any content, element, image, language or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- It cannot be the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- Ownership of Design. Entrant agrees that, upon submission of the Design to EAA, all of Entrant's ownership rights in the Design shall be irrevocably transferred to EAA. By transferring ownership of the Design to EAA, Entrant understands and acknowledges that EAA will have the exclusive right, in perpetuity, to use, reproduce, modify, publish, market, distribute, license and transfer ownership of the Design and, except as otherwise expressly stated herein, without any further or future recognition of Entrant. Upon submission of the Design to EAA, Entrant waives any and all future rights Entrant has in the Design, or any of its parts.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin on October 1, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. CDT and will end on November 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the "Contest Period"). All dates are subject to change at discretion of EAA.
- How to Enter. To enter, Entrant must complete the entry form at EAA.org/WomenVenture and upload a Design in conformance with these Rules and in the manner as instructed on EAA.org/WomenVenture. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Selection and Announcement of Winner. The winning design will be selected by EAA, in EAA's sole discretion, on or around December 1, 2020 and the decision of EAA is final and binding. If a potential winner is unable, for whatever reason, to accept the prize, then EAA reserves the right to award the prize to a different entrant. The winner will be announced on EAA's website and social media on December 3, 2020.
- Prizes. The winner shall receive: (a) two (2) free admissions to EAA® AirVenture® Oshkosh™ 2021 on Wednesday, July 28, 2021; (b) two (2) free admissions to the WomenVenture Power Lunch on Wednesday, July 28, 2021, during which time winner will be recognized; and (c) two (2) free T-shirts with the winning design.
- Representations and Warranties of Entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that the Design, and any and all portions of the Design, are Entrant's own original work and, as such: (a) Entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of, and holds all rights to, the Design; (b) Entrant has the full right and authority to submit the Design to EAA in the Contest; and (c) Entrant has the full right and authority to transfer ownership of the Design to EAA. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Design does not: (a) infringe upon, or violate, any third-party's rights, including intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violate any applicable state, federal, or local law. Entrant's submission of the Design is accepted by EAA in express reliance upon these representations and warranties.
- Indemnification by Entrant. As consideration for Entrant's participation in the Contest, Entrant agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant shall, at its own expense, defend, protect, indemnify and hold EAA and its affiliates (which for the purposes of these Rules includes without limitation EAA Aviation Foundation, Inc.), officers, directors, representatives, agents, volunteers, members, chapters, attorneys, employees, successors, agents and assigns harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, proceedings, expenses, fines, damages, losses, judgments, liabilities and costs (including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of: (i) any design or other material uploaded or otherwise submitted or provided to EAA by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Design or the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by any third parties arising from or related to the Design or Entrant's involvement with the Contest; or (v) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
- Right to Cancel, Modify or Suspend: If for any reason, whatsoever, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, EAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest.
Download Full Contest Rules
Were you in the 2020 EAA WomenVenture virtual group photo? Download it today!
EAA WomenVenture Supporting Sponsors:
United Airlines Flight Operations Pilot Scholarship
United Airlines is proud to partner with EAA WomenVenture supporting female aviators. As an industry leader passionate about diversity and inclusion, United Airlines' mission is to create an inclusive work environment characterized by dignity and respect that empowers every employee to serve the global marketplace and contribute to company success. United Airlines would like to make a difference in the life of one aspiring female airline pilot who are pursuing their dream in the world of aviation. One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a woman currently meeting the following criteria:
- Must be a current, full time student enrolled in an accredited collegiate aviation or aeronautical science program at application deadline.
- FAA Instrument rating preferred.
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA required.
This scholarship is intended for women seeking advancement in professional aviation development towards a career as a professional airline pilot. The recipient will be chosen on a basis of merit, career aspirations and dedication, as well as contributions to their community.
Items that may be asked for if moved to the final round include:
- Two letters of recommendation are required. One from a faculty member or flight instructor and one from a pilot who has flown with candidate.
- Academic transcripts
- Copies of pilot certificates (if applicable).
- Copies of medical certificate (if applicable).
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to recipient's flight school and training must be completed within one year.
Learn More ›