Flying in to Oshkosh and pitching a tent under the wing of your airplane is perhaps the ultimate way to experience AirVenture.
You must be an EAA member to camp in an aircraft camping area. No pre-registration is necessary and airplane campsites are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. A three (3) day minimum camping fee applies.
Shower facilities, free public Wi-Fi, on-site transportation, and grocery (for food and supplies) are available.
Aircraft camping areas on the EAA AirVenture grounds are segmented into two categories:
- General aircraft camping area (commonly known as the North 40 and South 40 areas). There's an opportunity to “group camp” in the South 40 but it exists with restrictions. See this form for more details.
- Showplane camping (Vintage, Homebuilt, Ultralight, Rotorcraft and Seaplane categories)
To camp in a showplane area, your aircraft must be eligible for judging in one of the judging categories.
- Vintage showplane camping
- Homebuilt showplane camping
- Ultralight showplane camping
- Rotorcraft showplane camping
- Seaplane (amphib) showplane camping
Judging information, requirements, location and other information related to showplane camping can be found here.
Review full guidelines
Cost: $28 per day