2019 EAA® Young Eagles® Raffle Rules
Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc. (“EAA”) is a nonstock non-profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Wisconsin, located at 3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54902, with a primary focus on providing programs and activities to educate and engage aviation enthusiasts. The 2019 Young EaglesâRaffle (“Raffle”) is conducted by EAA for the purpose of generating funds to support the youth education outreach activities of EAA, including the Young Eagles program.
- Eligibility.Each entrant, by purchasing a single entry certificate (a “Certificate”) and entering the Raffle, agrees to abide by these rules, as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations, and further agrees to release EAA and EAA Aviation Foundation, Inc., and their respective directors, officers, divisions, associates, agents, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability with respect to all aspects of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, the selection process. For the purposes of these Rules, an “immediate family member” means a spouse, parent or legal guardian, or child (natural or adopted) or legal ward, of the ineligible person. The Raffle is open to any eligible person residing in or visiting Wisconsin unless prohibited by law or these Rules. Any individual who is an employee, Officer or Director of EAA, or its affiliates (including EAA Aviation Foundation, Inc.; International Aerobatic Club, Inc.; EAA Vintage Aircraft Association, Inc.; and EAA Warbirds of America, Inc.), advertising or promotional agencies, or is involved in the development or execution of the Raffle, or is an immediate family member of or household resident with any such person, is ineligible to enter or win. Pursuant to Wisconsin law, any Entrant who is not 18 years of age or older must have the written and notarized permission of his or her parent or legal guardian in order to take title to the Mustang vehicle that is the Raffle Prize.
- Certificate Purchases.The price to purchase a Certificate for the Raffle is $100.00 (U.S. Funds only) and is not tax deductible. Any entrant may purchase more than one Certificate. Participants can enter the Raffle by purchasing one or more Certificates: (a) at the EAA Aviation Museum between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. beginning March 1, 2019 through 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 28, 2019; (b) through EAA volunteers selling Certificates at events throughout Wisconsin beginning March 1, 2019 through 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 28, 2019; and (c) on the AirVenture grounds July 22, 2019, through 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 28, 2019. Certificate payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cash, check, or money order. If a bank, for any reason, dishonors an entrant’s payment, the Certificate(s) purchased with such payment will be declared invalid unless full and satisfactory payment is made prior to the Raffle drawing. Any dishonored credit card will be considered an invalid entry and EAA will endeavor to notify the entrant by mail, email, or telephone; however, EAA will have no liability if it is unable to notify any such entrant after using reasonable efforts to do so.Irrespective of the time and place of Certificate purchase, completed Certificate forms must be in possession of EAA at 3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, Wisconsin, by 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 28, 2019, or before one thousand five hundred (1,500) valid Certificates are sold, whichever comes first, to be eligible for the drawing. All Certificate forms will be handled and recorded on a first come, first served basis. Any Certificate forms and payments (including payments previously dishonored) received after closure of the Raffle will be returned to the entrant.
- Prize.The Raffle Prize is a 2019 Ford Mustang GT Convertible (ARV $49,940). The Mustang Winner understands that the vehicle will have promotional miles. The Mustang Winner must claim the automobile and take title by September 30, 2019. The Winner is responsible for all costs associated with title, registration, licensing, delivery, and other applicable fees (including any taxes and fees imposed by a non-U.S. resident winner’s country of residence and/or domicile) associated with the Prize, as well as for all local, state, and federal taxes, including without limitation all luxury, special, and income taxes that may be applicable. The Winner will be required to provide EAA with a valid social security number (or equivalent for a non-U.S. Winner) and must complete all IRS and similar forms requested by EAA prior to delivery of the Prize. Failure to do so within thirty (30) days of request shall result in forfeiture of the Prize and award of the Prize to another entrant. EAA will make a good faith effort to award the Prize.
- Winning Chances.A maximum of 1,500 Certificates will be sold. Each Certificate represents one chance to win the Prize. You may enter as many times as you wish. Chances of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible Certificates sold.
- Drawing.The Winner will be determined by a random drawing of all the eligible Certificates received by EAA by 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 28, 2019. The drawing will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, 2019, at the AirVenture Welcome Center, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, 3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, WI. The entrant need not be present to win the Prize. The random drawing for the Prize will be conducted in a single drawing session. During the drawing session, EAA will draw successive provisional winning entries to be used if a potential Prize winner for any reason does not claim the Prize for which his or her entry was selected, or is determined to be ineligible. The first selected entry will be awarded the Prize, subject to confirmation of eligibility, Prize acceptance and entrant’s compliance with the Raffle Rules. In the event the Prize is not awarded to such entrant, the process will be repeated with the next selected successive entry, as necessary to award the Prize. EAA’s portion of all Certificates will be held for one (1) year at the EAA Aviation Center. Certificate holders who wish to view the drawing may obtain free admission to the AirVenture grounds one hour prior to the drawing, starting at 2:00 p.m. You must have proof of Raffle Certificate purchase. Any questions or problems gaining admission should be directed to EAA Membership at 920-426-5912.
- Winner.The Winner will be notified in person, if present, otherwise by telephone, e-mail, or by U.S. Postal Service mail based on the information received on the Certificate registration form. The Winner’s name will be available to all media and will be available at the offices of EAA and listed on EAA’s web site: www.airventure.org/raffle, no later than September 30, 2019. To receive the Winner’s name by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to EAA Young Eagles Raffle, PO Box 3086, Oshkosh, WI 54903. The Prize Winner agrees to allow EAA to use his or her photo, name, and likeness, and any statements made regarding the Prize for advertising or publicity purposes, without compensation or prior approval. Winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release. Upon failure to do so if requested or failure to comply with these rules and/or to make arrangements to claim the Prize within fourteen (14) days of notification, the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next Certificate drawn.
- Awarding of Prize.More than one name may be listed on a registration form, but the first name listed on the winning Certificate shall be deemed to be the Winner. A social security number (or equivalent for a non-U.S. Winner) must be provided, and it must be that of the Winner. Delivery of Prize shall be made solely to the Winner. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any such Prize among the participants in such multiple party entry. The Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, licenses, registration fees imposed by any applicable governmental authority, and any transportation or shipping fees. EAA is required to collect applicable U.S. Federal income taxes, based on the Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize, net of ticket cost, from the U.S. Winner of the Prize valued at $5,000 or more, before the Winner may take possession of the Prize. EAA will report to the IRS any awarded Prize valued at more than $600.
- Authority and Control.The decision of EAA shall be final in all matters concerning the Raffle, including interpretation of these Rules. The Raffle is subject to the laws of the State of Wisconsin. Void where prohibited by law.
- Oversight.The Young Eagles Raffle drawing is officiated by Grant Thornton, LLP located in Madison, WI.
- Vehicle.The 2019 Ford Mustang is provided with support from Ford Motor Company and Kocourek Ford, Wausau, WI.