For ages 16, 17, and 18
Session 1: July 17-25, 2018
Session 1 and Session 2 are at capacity and have a waitlist. Please call 1-888-322-3229 to be added to the waitlist.
Session 2: July 27-Aug. 4, 2018
Need financial assistance?
Apply for an EAA Air Academy Campership
The EAA Advanced Air Academy provides an atmosphere for mature students to become totally immersed in the world of flight. Ground instruction and introductory recreation flight experiences highlight this meaningful, action-packed camp. It combines "in-the-air" and "on-the-ground" hands-on activities.
The EAA Advanced Air Academy also includes full participation (access to forums, flightline and all associated activities) in EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, the world's premier aviation event!
Flight Training Ground School
- Fundamentals of flight science
- Aircraft systems
- Aircraft preflight
- Flight controls and systems
- Aerial navigation
- Flight training requirements
Aircraft Construction, Restoration and Maintenance Skills
- Sheet metal work
- Fabric covering
- Composite fabrication
- Aeromodeling and woodworking
Airplanes - Learn about aviation history and flight
- Tour the EAA AirVenture Museum
- Fly EAA's flight simulators
- Visit Pioneer Airport
- Experience the thrill of flight in both an airplane and helicopter
- An academic study of the history and technologies of aviation presented in the Buehler Leadership Center at the EAA Aviation Center.
- Workshop experiences, including an introduction to many of the skills required for the construction, restoration and maintenance of aircraft. This is accomplished in workstations by working with aircraft parts, the construction of full size aircraft components and Aeromodeling projects.
- EAA AirVenture will provide an exciting element to the Academy program. The forums, workshops, exhibits, aircraft, and air shows provide an aviation and personal experience without equal.
- Special activities may include field trips to area aviation facilities are also included to familiarize participants with a wide segment of the aviation community and its activities.