Powered by TakeFlight Interactive
Whether it’s your first flight, or your 500th, EAA understands what it takes to maximize your safe enjoyment in the cockpit and build proficiency.
The EAA Virtual Flight Academy will offer a complete set of flight lessons to take you through all of the FAA’s Airman Certification Standards for Private Pilot1, starting with Stage 1: Pre-Solo (FREE for members) and Stage 2: Solo with follow on Stages in development. The software is cloud-based, meaning your progress and scores are stored online. Check out the list of lessons included in the first two stages:
Stage 1: Pre-Solo
> Intro Flight
> Straight & Level
> Climbs & Descents
> Level Turns
> Normal Takeoff
> Normal Landing
EAA Member Price: FREE
Stage 2: Solo
> Crosswind Takeoff
> Crosswind Landing
> Traffic Pattern
> Steep Turns
> Minimum Airspeed
> Engine Failure
EAA Member Price: $27 (regularly $30)
Hardware and software requirements are as follows:
- A license to Microsoft Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition (Regularly $24.99 on Steam)
- A computer that meets or exceeds these hardware requirements
- Compatible controls (e.g., Yoke/Throttle/Pedal System, or Thrustmaster® Stick)
- Active internet connection
EAA Members receive:
- Stage One: Fundamentals of Flight (six virtual flight lessons) FREE from EAA Virtual Flight Academy (a $29.95 value), with the option to purchase additional stages in the at 10% off from TakeFlight Interactive; and
- Up to 15% off flight simulator controllers from Thrustmaster®—one of the leading manufacturers of precision gaming controllers and accessories for a wide variety of platforms.
Download Stage One Free
Buy Additional Stages at 10% off
Get Product Support on EAA Forums
EAA Member Login - Get Thrustmaster Discount
Not a member?
Notes: 1) While the EAA Virtual Flight Academy conforms to the FAA ACS, it will not generate a CFI Endorsement to take a check ride. 2) Stage One of EAA Virtual Flight Academy is free to EAA members; however, you cannot run EAA Virtual Flight Academy without Microsoft Flight Simulator X Steam Edition and a compatible computer. 3) Microsoft Flight Simulator X is to be used for entertainment only and cannot be used as part of an FAA approved training program.