- Play an active role in organizing EAA members and youth organizations in pursuit of the Young Eagles Program activities.
- Provide leadership and administrative direction for continued program growth.
- Maintain a list of current EAA members available to conduct flights according to established guidelines that includes the Youth Protection training certification for pilots.
- Assist EAA Chapters and Chapter Coordinators in their efforts to support the program.
- Ensure Young Eagle registrations are returned to the Young Eagles Office in a timely manner.
- Serve as a focal point for inquiries and materials requested from other EAA members.
- Promote the attributes of flight to young people, civic and social groups and local media. As Field Rep, we may provide your name and number to interested Young Eagles in your area. This information will be available on the Young Eagles web page.
- As a Field Rep it is your area of responsibility to be willing to end an event due to changes in the weather or any other factors compromising the safety and quality of the event.
- EAA Member in good standing and 18 or older.
- Required to complete the Youth Protection Training and become informed to answer questions.
- Airman’s Certificate or a comprehensive understanding of aerodynamics and regulations.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbal and written.
- High energy level with ability to spark enthusiasm in EAA members and Chapters.
- Role model for young people.
- Organize demonstration flights, either personally or with EAA members, for any child(ren) expressing a desire to participate in the program.
- Communicate to the Young Eagles Office, reporting on events that can be shared with other Chapters, provide constructive criticism and suggestions to improve the program.