2015 Young Eagles® Raffle Rules
Experimental Aircraft Association, Inc. (“EAA”) is a non-profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Wisconsin with a primary focus on providing programs and activities to educate and engage aviation enthusiasts. The 2015 Young Eaglesâ Raffle (“Raffle”) is conducted by EAA for the purpose of generating funds to support the youth education outreach activities of EAA, including the Young Eagles program.
- Eligibility. Each entrant, by purchasing a single entry certificate (a “Certificate”) and entering the Raffle, agrees to abide by these rules, as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations, and further agrees to release EAA and its directors, officers, divisions, associates, agents, employees, and volunteers from any and all liability with respect to all aspects of the Raffle, including, but not limited to, the selection process. The Raffle is open to any eligible person residing in or visiting Wisconsin unless prohibited by law or these Rules. Any individual who is an employee, officer or director of EAA, or its affiliates (including EAA Aviation Foundation, Inc.; International Aerobatic Club, Inc.; EAA Vintage Aircraft Association, Inc.; and EAA Warbirds of America, Inc.), advertising or promotional agencies, or is involved in the development or execution of the Raffle, or is an immediate family member of or household resident with any such person, is ineligible to enter or win. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to participate in the Raffle.
- Certificate Purchases. The cost to purchase a Certificate for the Raffle is $100.00 (U.S. Funds only) and is not tax deductible. Any entrant may purchase more than one Certificate. Certificates are available for sale at several locations during the EAAâ AirVentureâ OshkoshTM convention July 20, 2015 through July 26, 2015 and through many EAA volunteers selling Certificates on their own and at events throughout northeastern Wisconsin. Certificate payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, cash, check, or money order. If a bank, for any reason, dishonors an entrant’s payment, the Certificate(s) purchased with such payment will be declared invalid unless full and satisfactory payment is made prior to the Raffle drawing. Any dishonored credit card will be considered an invalid entry and EAA will endeavor to notify the entrant by mail, email, or phone; however, EAA will have no liability if it is unable to notify any such entrant after using reasonable efforts to do so. Participants can enter the Raffle by purchasing a Certificate at the EAA AirVenture Museumâ between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. through July 25, 2015. Completed entry Certificate forms must be in possession of EAA by 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 26, 2015, or before 1,500 valid Certificates are sold, whichever comes first, to be eligible for the drawing. All Certificate forms will be handled and recorded on a first come, first served basis. Any Certificate forms and payments (including payments previously dishonored) received after closure of the Raffle will be returned to the entrant.
- Prizes. The Raffle prizes are: First, a 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible GT (MSRP $45,610); Second, $5,000 Cash; and Third, $2,500 Cash. Winner understands that the vehicle will have promotional miles. The Mustang winner must claim the automobile and take title by October 1, 2015. Each winner is responsible for all costs associated with title, registration, licensing, delivery, and other applicable fees associated with the prize, as well as for all local, state, and federal taxes, including, but not limited to, all luxury, special, and income taxes that may be applicable. Each winner will be required to provide EAA with a valid social security number and must complete all IRS and similar forms requested by EAA prior to delivery of the prize. Failure to do so within thirty (30) days of request shall result in forfeiture of the prize and award of the prize to another entrant. All prizes will be awarded.
- Winning Chances. A maximum of 1,500 Certificates will be sold. Each Certificate represents one chance to win one of the three prizes. You may enter as many times as you’d like. Chances of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Certificates sold.
- Drawing. Winners will be determined by a random drawing of all the eligible Certificates received by 12:00 Noon on Sunday, July 26, 2015, the entry deadline. The drawing will be held at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 26, 2015, at EAA Welcome Center, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, 3000 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, WI. The entrant need not be present to win a prize. Certificates will be held at the EAA Aviation Center. Certificate holders who wish to view the drawing may obtain free admission to the AirVenture grounds one hour prior to the drawing, starting at 3:00 p.m. You must have proof of Raffle Certificate purchase. Any questions or problems gaining admission should be directed to EAA Membership at 920-426-5912.
- Winners. The winners will be notified in person, if present, otherwise by telephone, e-mail, or by mail based on the information received on the Certificate registration form. The winners’ names will be available to all media and will be available at the offices of EAA and listed on EAA’s web site: www.airventure.org/raffle. To receive the winners’ names by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to EAA Young Eagles Raffle, PO Box 3086, Oshkosh, WI 54903. Each prize winner agrees to allow EAA to use his or her photo, name, and likeness, and any statements made regarding the prize for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation or prior approval. Winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release. Upon failure to do so if requested or failure to comply with these rules and/or to make arrangements to claim the prize within thirty (30) days of notification, the prize will be forfeited.
- Awarding of Prize. More than one name may be listed on a registration form, but the first name listed on the winning Certificate shall be deemed to be the Winner. A social security number must be provided, and it must be that of the Winner. Delivery of prize shall be made solely to the Winner. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any such prize among the participants in such multiple party entry. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable taxes, licenses, registration fees, and any transportation or shipping fees. EAA is required to collect applicable federal income taxes, based on the Approximate Retail Value of the prize, net of wager, from US winners of prizes valued at $5,000 or more. EAA will report to the IRS any awarded prize valued at more than $600.
- Authority and Control. The decision of EAA shall be final in all matters concerning the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to the laws of the State of Wisconsin. Void where prohibited by law.
- Oversight. The Young Eagles Raffle drawing is officiated by Grant Thornton, LLP located in Madison, WI.
- Vehicle. The 2015 Ford Mustang is provided with help from Ford Motor Company and Kocourek Ford, Wausau, WI.