We are currently experiencing some issues with slow log ins. If you are having trouble logging in, please do not reset your password, but try again later.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
Winter Flight Fest brings family activities, skiplanes to EAA Aviation Museum on February 12
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (January 13, 2022) —The annual Winter Flight Fest will bring family activities, virtual flight simulators, and the popular skiplane fly-in to the EAA Aviation Museum on Saturday, February 12, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
The day is designed for all ages and is a family-friendly series of activities through the museum and at its Pioneer Airport facility. Among the highlights included with regular museum admission that day:
- Hands-on family activities:
- Virtual flight experiences – Soar through the sky via virtual reality goggles
- Wright Flyer simulator – Take the controls of the first powered airplane at Kitty Hawk
- Paper airplane launcher – Fold your best creation and see how it flies
- X-Planes – Create your own X-Plane and test it through various obstacles
- Para-rescue challenge, where kids design a miniature parachute and test it in a wind tunnel
- Indoor model airplane flying – Discover what it takes to build and fly a radio-control model
- Meet Aviore, EAA’s Stan Lee-created superhero, who will sign his comic books
- Airplane model building contest: Open to all ages with no entry fee, with divisions for ages 1-12, ages 13-18, and 19-and-up. Contestants can build their models prior to February 12, but must have their models registered by 1 p.m. Judging begins at 2 p.m., with winners announced immediately afterward.
- Skiplane Fly-In: Pilots from throughout the upper Midwest land on the snow-covered airstrip at Pioneer Airport. Museum visitors are welcome to walk among the parked airplanes and discover more about this facet of fun flying. Shuttles will operate from the museum to Pioneer Airport throughout the day. (Pilots who are interested in flying their skiplanes to the event must pre-register by contacting Jeff Toline, EAA’s director of aircraft operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
In addition, EAA is offering a family membership discount for first-time family members of $40, which includes free year-round entry to the EAA Aviation Museum, as well as hundreds of other museums nationwide as part of the Association of Science-Technology Centers’ Travel Passport Program.About EAA Aviation Museum
The EAA Aviation Museum is located just off Interstate 41 at the Highway 44 exit in Oshkosh. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. EAA members receive free museum admission year-round. For more information, call the EAA Aviation Museum at (920) 426-4818 or visit www.EAA.org/museum.