The 3D CAD software is easy to use and helps you to develop your design ideas from concept to prototype.
Siemens Solid Edge
Solid Edge is professional computer-aided design (CAD) software developed by Siemens Digital Industries Software. It provides powerful tools and features for designing, simulating, and manufacturing various products across different industries. Key strengths of Solid Edge are its robust 3D modeling capabilities, which allow you to create complex 3D models using a variety of parametric and direct modeling techniques.
7 p.m. CST
Explore the lively Solid Edge Community Forum, where you can connect with users and experts, seek help, and share designs. Join now for a vibrant exchange of ideas and collaborative opportunities.
Ready to start your own business? The Solid Edge for Startups program makes it easy for new businesses to access premium software and resources, including online training and community support.
- Windows 10 Enterprise or Professional (64-bit only) version 1809 or later
- 16 GB RAM for commercial users and 8 GB RAM for academic users
- 65K Colors
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- 8.5 GB of disk space required for installation
Solid Edge Tools & Resources
For a seamless and efficient onboarding experience, we suggest you start by exploring the following tutorials and resources.
- YouTube Solid Edge Tutorial Series — Watch a series of YouTube videos to learn how to use Solid Edge.
- Solid Edge Resources — The Solid Edge Resource Page contains information to help you get started using Solid Edge by Siemens.
- Siemens Learning Center — Access Solid Edge learning assets free of charge. Please review the “How to Register” video first and then proceed to the Siemens Mentor Learning Center. Follow the instructions from the video to access the Solid Edge for Education and Community Library. Use promotion code SESCUSER to register and gain access for free.
- Solid Edge Online Community — Follow discussions and knowledge articles, and search for topics that you might want some extra help with in the online community.
- Solid Edge Facebook Community — Join the Facebook Community to ask questions, share your experiences, and help others.
- Solid Edge Tips & Tricks Video Series — Short videos that illustrate how to better use features and functions of the Solid Edge CAD software.
Doug Stainbrook with Siemens Solid Edge provides a basic program overview and demo of the Siemens Solid Edge computer-aided design (CAD) program made available to EAA members by Siemen
Still Have Questions? Check out these answers to frequently asked questions.
Get Inspired by Other Organizations that Use Solid Edge
RadioBro is an engineering team specializing in aerospace and defense. They use Solid Edge software to design their products, benefiting from its affordability, flexibility, intuitive user experience, and powerful features.
Piper Aircraft, known for its famous Piper J-3 Cub, started rebuilding its company in 2011 by using digitalization as a part of its strategy. From rugged, reliable trainers to high-performance turboprops, Piper has found success in creating a complete line of aircraft by partnering with Siemens.
Learn how Ephi Blanshey developed a new type of flex-wing ultralight incorporating electric propulsion and how the Solid Edge Startup Program helped him to succeed.
Attracting, Educating, and Retaining the Next Generation
Siemens Digital Industries Software and EAA have joined forces to promote youth engagement and education in the aviation industry through the EAA AeroEducate initiative. Siemens Digital Industries Software will serve as the official technology partner for EAA’s aviation and aerospace education. The collaboration aims to provide young people with an interactive and educational experience that sparks their interest and enthusiasm for aviation.
Siemens Solid Edge Benefits for EAA Members
Access Solid Edge paid subscriptions at a discounted price. EAA members can redeem a 25% discount on purchases of monthly or annual subscriptions for Solid Edge mechanical design, CAM, technical publications, or wiring and harness design products.