Updated – May 6, 2021
Virtual Meeting Options:
We recommend you look at any of these three platforms. Pricing and features are changing rapidly so review each one for the best deal. All of them allow you to try it for free.
- GotoMeeting: We have tested GotoMeeting and find it easy to use. EAA uses this one. It allows up to 150 participants.
- Webex: The free plan is now limited to 50 minutes sessions. We have tested it and find it relatively easy to use and it allows up to 100 participants for free.
- ZOOM: We have tested ZOOM and find it easy to use, allows up to 100 participants. You can start off with a free version that is limited to 40 minute sessions. (At the time limit, you can simply shutdown and restart immediately which could work for a board meeting; do not try this for a chapter meeting).
Other Virtual Meeting Options:
- GotoWebinar – Great platform that EAA uses for webinars. However, basic plan is pricey.
- Google Hangouts – Limited to 26 people – Free
- FreeConference.com – Free
Tips for Online Meeting Management:
- As the meeting organizer/host, know how to mute all participants. Expect that some of your members will not know how to mute their own mic. One person with an open mic and background noise can ruin it for everyone.
- Be aware that the application controls (e.g. mute button or screen sharing) on a smartphone/iPad/tablet are probably different than on a PC or Mac.
- Hold a practice session for people to learn how to connect to the app. For some of your members, this may be the first time to use an online meeting application.
- If you hold a practice session, make it very clear that another email will contain the online meeting login.
- Chapter Video Magazine – Available each month. Consider adding your own video recording of updates for your chapter.
- EAA Webinars – Both the upcoming live webinars and the recording.
If you have another suggestion to add to the list, please send it to email@example.com.