Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Stay InspiredEAA is your guide to getting the most out of the world of flight and giving your passion room to grow.
David Leiting's Brilliant Idea!
By Ian Brown, Editor, EAA 657159
November 2020 – Reading Montreal Chapter 266's newsletter, I came across an article written by EAA staffer David Leiting, VP of EAA Chapter 252. Wonder where that is? Wittman Field, Oshkosh, that's where.
He had a great idea. Donate an EAA membership to a friend. We give out money for lots of things these days and most of it doesn't really have a visible effect that we can see. The more I thought about this the more I realized it's brilliant! Here are some great benefits that you can expect, especially if you also introduce them to your local chapter and donate a chapter membership too:
- Gifting a membership increases your local EAA membership and chapter head count and welcomes the beneficiary to the fold.
- Choose a young person and you can get some young blood into your chapter.
- You might anticipate that the person would be more engaged in aviation because they receive their copy of Sport Aviation every month and EAA emails.
- It's likely that after their first year they will renew their subscription on their own.
- Gifting a membership does go towards keeping our cherished organization strong in an uncertain time.
- Making a gift of an EAA membership is like holding out a welcoming hand to a new brother or sister aviator.
- Consider gifting a membership with some of those unspent-in-pandemic dining out dollars.
- Feel shy about the visibility of a personal donation? Pass the hat around the chapter. Maybe as a group you'll be able to buy a few memberships in the name of your chapter.
As for timing, there's no time like the present ... to present a present! To learn more and to purchase a gift membership, see EAA.org/Legacy.