Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
David Leiting's Brilliant Idea!
By Ian Brown, Editor, EAA 657159
November 2020 – Reading Montreal Chapter 266's newsletter, I came across an article written by EAA staffer David Leiting, VP of EAA Chapter 252. Wonder where that is? Wittman Field, Oshkosh, that's where.
He had a great idea. Donate an EAA membership to a friend. We give out money for lots of things these days and most of it doesn't really have a visible effect that we can see. The more I thought about this the more I realized it's brilliant! Here are some great benefits that you can expect, especially if you also introduce them to your local chapter and donate a chapter membership too:
- Gifting a membership increases your local EAA membership and chapter head count and welcomes the beneficiary to the fold.
- Choose a young person and you can get some young blood into your chapter.
- You might anticipate that the person would be more engaged in aviation because they receive their copy of Sport Aviation every month and EAA emails.
- It's likely that after their first year they will renew their subscription on their own.
- Gifting a membership does go towards keeping our cherished organization strong in an uncertain time.
- Making a gift of an EAA membership is like holding out a welcoming hand to a new brother or sister aviator.
- Consider gifting a membership with some of those unspent-in-pandemic dining out dollars.
- Feel shy about the visibility of a personal donation? Pass the hat around the chapter. Maybe as a group you'll be able to buy a few memberships in the name of your chapter.
As for timing, there's no time like the present ... to present a present! To learn more and to purchase a gift membership, see EAA.org/Legacy.