The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
‘YEAR OF THE FIGHTER’ BRINGS CLASSIC WARBIRDS AND MODERN JETS TO EAA AIRVENTURE OSHKOSH 2019
USAF and Air Combat Command working with EAA on aircraft demonstrations
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (March 29, 2019) — A roster of the most legendary American military aircraft in history, from iconic World War II airplanes to today’s most sophisticated flying machines, will be flying and on display this summer at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2019. The 67th annual Experimental Aircraft Association fly-in convention will be held July 22-28 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
EAA’s activities are being planned in conjunction with the U.S. Air Force Air Combat Command, the EAA Warbirds of America, and individual aircraft owners. The activities will take place throughout the week, with some special programs designated for particular days during AirVenture’s seven-day run.
Among the events involving past and present military aircraft are:
- Aircraft from the USAF Air Combat Command, ranging from fighters such as the F-15, F-16, F-22, and F-35, as well as the A-10 attack aircraft; .
- The first Oshkosh appearance of the unique XP-82 Twin Mustang, which has been under restoration in Georgia;
- A salute to World War II ace Bud Anderson, with every flying P-51 in the U.S. invited to Oshkosh to participate;
- A gathering of U.S. Navy fighter aircraft, including F4U Corsairs, the unique gullwing fighters that were a key asset in the Pacific Theater;
- Observance of the 75th anniversary of D-Day, with aircraft that participated in the actual invasion on June 6, 1944, as well as C-47 airplanes that will have just returned from a historic anniversary flight to France;
- U.S. Air Force Heritage Flights and U.S. Navy Legacy Flights involving historic and modern aircraft in formation, highlighting the legacy and evolution of military aircraft.
“Oshkosh is known for being a collection of aircraft and people that is unmatched anywhere in the world, and that will again be the case in 2019,” said Rick Larsen, EAA’s vice president of communities and member programs, who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions. “We are grateful to the U.S. Air Force and the Air Combat Command for their assistance and to the EAA Warbirds of America to make possible these kinds of activities, for which AirVenture is known and eagerly anticipated each year.”
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is the “World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s yearly membership convention. Additional EAA AirVenture information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available online at www.eaa.org/airventure. EAA members receive lowest prices on admission rates. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 1-800-JOIN-EAA (1-800-564-6322) or visit www.eaa.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.