Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
Spread Your Wings at AirVentureGet your tickets to the World's Greatest Aviation Celebration today! Experience Oshkosh the ultimate way by camping under the wing of your aircraft.
AirVenture Theater in the Woods Evening Programming Schedule Released
Everything from homebuilts to space flight featured during EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 evening programs
EAA AVIATION CENTER, OSHKOSH, Wisconsin — (April 8, 2022) — Aviation anniversaries and notable personalities are part of the lineup as the nightly Theater in the Woods evening programs bring the world of aviation to EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022. The 69th edition of the Experimental Aircraft Association’s fly-in convention is July 25-31 at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This year’s schedule of evening programs includes interests from homebuilt aircraft to spaceflight. The nightly programs give AirVenture attendees the opportunity to hear directly from the history makers and the innovators. “The format of the evening Theater in the Woods presentations brings out not only the highlights, but the fascinating background stories from aviators who were there,” said Rick Larsen, EAA’s vice president of communities and member programs, who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions. “Spending an evening at Theater in the Woods is an Oshkosh tradition that creates countless memories for those in the audience and great stories that they take back home.”
This year’s major highlights include:
- Sunday, July 24: An Evening with Champions – The traditional AirVenture “pregame show,” with aviation personalities in an evening of storytelling
- Monday, July 25: Van’s RV 50th anniversary – The world’s most popular kit aircraft celebrates a half century with more than 11,000 built
- Tuesday, July 26: Flying the Presidents – Experiences from the pilot’s seat in Air Force One, Marine One, and other aircraft
- Wednesday, July 27: Unusual Attitudes: Women Legends of Aerobatics – Air show legends and champion aerobatic pilots discuss flying on the edge
- Thursday, July 28: Young Eagles 30th anniversary/Pilots of Top Gun – Commemorate the largest youth aviation education program ever created, then hear from the people who were the inspiration for the iconic film
- Friday, July 29: The Next Bold Step: The Future of Space and Beyond – Representatives from NASA and Space X talk about what’s next as we explore the solar system
- Saturday, July 30: U.S. Air Force 75th anniversary – The legacy and the future of America’s aviation branch with top USAF officials present
Additional events and guests will be announced as they are finalized. All evening programs begin at 7 p.m., except on July 27 and 30, which begin at 6:30 p.m. due to the night air shows on those dates. Theater in the Woods programming is presented by M&M’S.
About EAA AirVenture Oshkosh
EAA AirVenture Oshkosh is “The World’s Greatest Aviation Celebration” and EAA’s membership convention. Additional information, including advance ticket and camping purchase, is available at www.EAA.org/airventure. For more information on EAA and its programs, call 800-JOIN-EAA (800-564-6322) or visit www.EAA.org. Immediate news is available at www.twitter.com/EAA.