EAA is hiring AirVenture and seasonal staff. Attend one of our upcoming hiring events and apply now!

Hands, Mind, and Heart

What started as a handful of passionate enthusiasts has developed into a major force—and a significant component—of the aircraft industry.

FAA Forms for Registering and Certificating Your Homebuilt

By EAA's Aviation Information Services

Registration Forms

You will need to submit the following forms to register your aircraft:

  1. AC Form 8050-1 Aircraft Registration Application
    Not available online. Must request a blank form from your FSDO (Flight Standards District Office). 
    To locate your FSDO http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/field_offices/ 
  2. AC Form 8050-2 Aircraft Bill of Sale (Kit built aircraft only)
  3. AC Form 8050-88 Affidavit of Ownership for Amateur Built Aircraft
  4. will need to submit the following to certificate your aircraft:
  5. AC Form 8130-6 Application for Airworthiness Certificate
  6. Enough data, such as photographs or three-view drawings, to identify the aircraft
  7. AC Form 8130-12 Eligibility Statement Amateur-Built Aircraft
  8. A letter identifying the aircraft and the area over which the aircraft will be tested
    Link to blank program letter 
    Link to sample program letter

Repairman Certificate Form

You will need to submit the following form to receive a repairman certificate:

  1. AC Form 8610-2 Airman Certificate and/or Rating Application

NOTE: If any of the above links do not work, alternate links can be found on the FAA's Amateur-Built Info page:http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/gen_av/ultralights/amateur_built/

To provide a better user experience, EAA uses cookies. To review EAA's data privacy policy or adjust your privacy settings please visit: Data and Privacy Policy.