The Bubble Run by Cool Events, which was scheduled to take place on the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh grounds today, Saturday, September 9, was canceled in January. Please visit their website to contact them at https://bubblerun.com.
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA at Your Local AirportEducation, hands-on activities, friendship, fun, and fly-ins. Find them near you.
EAA Chapter Tool Crib Program
May 2021 – This month, we are highlighting the EAA Chapter Tool Crib as our chapter program of the month.
Goal: Encourage EAA chapters to improve their support of members building and maintaining aircraft.
Summary: EAA will match 30% of qualified tool purchases up to $300 per chapter until the $30,000 grant is exhausted.
It is common as an aircraft builder to need a tool for a specific operation that is simply too expensive to justify purchasing for a few uses. A great example of this is the Nicopress tool needed for swaging control cables. This tool makes the job infinitely easier and provides a much higher quality than other options. And yet, Nicopress tools typically cost around $300 and are only needed a couple of times on an aircraft.
This is where an EAA chapter can provide help by having a shared tool program. In order to encourage chapters to establish or expand their tool offerings, EAA members Ray and Penny Bowman and the Burgher Fund have donated $30,000 to establish this matching tool fund.
The philosophy behind our list of tools that qualify for reimbursement is:
- Only needed occasionally during a build or for maintenance
- Expensive to purchase
- Correct tool for a quality outcome
Requirements for reimbursement:
- Tool is purchased by the chapter after 7/22/2019 and owned by EAA chapter
- Purchase tool from a recognized vendor (Aircraft Spruce, Cleveland Tools, Mittler Brothers, etc); no purchases from individuals are eligible.
- Tool is on the Eligible Tool List
- Complete the application form
- Complete the Customer Authorization Form for ACH or Wire Payment [PDF] (All funds will be transferred via ACH directly; if you already have an ACH form on file, you can skip this step).
- Complete a chapter W9 form [PDF]