EAA is hiring AirVenture and seasonal staff. Attend one of our upcoming hiring events and apply now!
Click here to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
EAA at Your Local AirportEducation, hands-on activities, friendship, fun, and fly-ins. Find them near you.
EAA Chapters have always been one of the most vital components in making general aviation fun, affordable and accessible at the local level. To recognize chapters that have demonstrated outstanding commitment to general aviation, EAA rolled out the Chapter Recognition Program. This recognition is based off ten criteria that have shown to correlate with active and engaged chapters. In addition, EAA will provide continued coaching to help chapters reach the recognition threshold.
Your chapter will receive one point when meeting each of the following criteria:
- Attends a chapter leadership training session
- Growing or steady membership
- Offers IMC or VMC Club programs
- Participates in Young Eagle or Flying Start programs
- Has EAA-approved Flight Advisor or Technical Counselor
- Participates in EAA's Annual Chapter Member survey
- Participates in Young Eagles Build and Fly, Young Eagles Workshops, send a youth to the EAA’s Air Academy, or fully completes a Ray Scholarship program
- Requests an EAA ChapterBlast email
- Hosts at least two public events each year
- Owns/leases a facility
- Extra credit activity, such as a chapter build project, youth build project, chapter scholarship (separate from Ray Scholars), a chapter tool crib, IAC competition, etc.
Each of these criteria that your chapter has met will be worth one point, and every chapter will have the ability to earn up to 10 points. January of each year, chapters scoring at least seven out of ten will be publicly recognized by EAA. There will be three levels of recognition. Bronze (7 out of 10), Silver (8 out of 10), and Gold (at least 9 out of 10).
Chapters scoring within one of these high recognition levels will be recognized via the EAA Find a Chapter webpage, news stories, a personalized icon for your chapter's webpage/newsletter, and a banner for your chapter to proudly display in your meeting location.
To learn more about why these ten criteria are important to your chapter, how they are calculated by EAA, and how you can take advantage of each offering click the button below.